Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to fogra.boards.ie...

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:05pm

From above - the page has been seeming to hang for some time while it is connecting to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm seeing the same for the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Someone kick the ad server thingy please. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Same here.I noticed it before, but it was sporadic, now it seems more regular. Today I'm noticing longer times to load pages in general. Now I've just upgraded to firefox 3.0 so maybe that's it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

same here been happening for around an hour or so

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Disabled for the moment to do some work on it, thanks for pointing it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What is fogra.boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

humanji wrote: »
    What is fogra.boards.ie?
    An ad server.

is this causing anyone else problems again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just a heads up. At least for me this fogra thingy is screwing up again. Very slow to load pages.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

yep me too. seems ok now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Me three.

IE and FF

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Me also. Taking upwards of 30 seconds to load pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Same as - FF, IE & Safari.

Took More than 2 minutes to load. Is back to normal now by the seems of it.

Gone back to normal for me now anyway. Momentary glitch it seems.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Took More than 2 minutes to load. Is back to normal now by the seems of it.

Ye Cult was too dug into the kbannon threads to notice the big flashing warning lights behind him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

fogra has been temporarily disabled from what I can see, but all's grand now like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

HAve ads turned off as subscriber, no delays noticeable

fogra is causing slowness again today.

Is this a "lunchtime" issue similar to the one before the server upgrade?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm going to try some new caching techniques, will see if it makes any difference over the next couple of days.

Getting some lags on Fogra again today, this page took about 30secs to load.

FF3, XP,

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement