Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singlespeed Conversion

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Selling my singlespeeder at the moment, any comments would be appreciated....(Sorry Mods hope this is ok, thought given the singlespeed/fixie fanatics on here it should be..)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=61514

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

trinewbie wrote: »
    Selling my singlespeeder at the moment, any comments would be appreciated....(Sorry Mods hope this is ok, thought given the singlespeed/fixie fanatics on here it should be..)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=61514

Hey,

I think it looks OK but I think you could/should do a bit of work on it and it will sell, or sell for more. People dont like buying bikes that then have to have work done on them, I think they like to get something that they can take and pedal off straight away and enjoy, rather than worrying about not being able to stop esp. seeing as how its a single speed and not fixed so you couldnt brake with the pedals. If you're selling the brake with the bike then just install it yourself before the sale.
    (whoops just saw that the back brake is on it from the photo, then I'd just leave out the bit about the front brake from the ad entirely, and say the back brake is set up ok)

I think you should definitely fix the problem with the stuck seat post - in most cases I find its just the bolt pinching the frame together is stuck and wont move, go at it with a hacksaw down the middle and it'll pop out (worked for me no problem last weekend on the banana bike I have).

It says in the ad you're not sure of the existing gearing ratio - but at least maybe give the count of the teeth on the chainring and the freewheel sprocket so people have an idea, this will take you 30 seconds and will give more information for the ad. I'd also maybe give as much manufacturer info as possible on the parts, e.g. hubs, rims, cranks etc.

I'm still a total amateur at this thing too so dont take anything I say as gospel!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Size as well, unless its been added since i last looked earlier today...god im lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Im pretty lazy too...Thanks for the pointers though..its not actually the seat bolt, the post its slightly stuck in the seattube,I dont think its wedged badly just need to clamp it and give it a little welly...but havnt had any time lately....Its a 56cm Frame i think.

The bike is currently 10 feet outside the back door in the shed but this lasagna in front of me isnt going to eat itself...mmmmm. Ill post up some proper details about it tomorrow evening.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd certainly try and unstick the seat post; it's the one thing any buyer is likely to need to change.

Right - Seatpost is wedged in the frame and LBS cant remove it...

If anybody wants to take the full bike off my hands to strip it down for parts ill let it go for real real cheap.

Somebody might be interested in the parts below if they are throwing a hack bike together

New Chain
    New Rear Cog
    Front ring (little wear)
    Cranks
    Stem + Handlebars
    Brakes
    Conti Gatroskings (Still some life let in them)
    Sh!tty tecktro flat pedals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

How cheap is cheap ?

PM me an offer....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

With the stuck seat post issue, and considering what flickerx has been getting for his conversions on eBay, I reckon you should take the €150 offer you had on adverts.

Whoever buys it is only going to buy it to break down for the parts as the frame is useless coz that seatpost is not going to budge, I would happily take 150 blips for it, but that original offer on adverts doesnt stand I dont think with the stuck post

Advertisement