Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxing a new car

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a second hand car about 3 weeks ago. I have been trying to tax it but it's not in my name yet. The garage says all the documents have been sent off.
    Is there anything I can do, I have already been stopped by the guards twice.
    I was lucky that the ones that stopped me were understanding but I'm guessing if it was the traffic corps it might be a different story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ring the garage again, then contact your local vro, to make sure forms have been received. Dont leave it do it today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Make sure you keep the garage receipt with you in case you're stopped again. Most guards should be understanding as long as you can back your story up.

Be careful where you park it though, you can still get a ticket for non display of tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

listermint wrote: »
    ring the garage again, then contact your local vro, to make sure forms have been received. Dont leave it do it today.

I have contacted the garage a few times now and they assure me the forums have been sent. I'm not sure I can check if the forums have been received in Shannon all I can check is if the car is in my name yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

tuxy wrote: »
    I have contacted the garage a few times now and they assure me the forums have been sent. I'm not sure I can check if the forums have been received in Shannon all I can check is if the car is in my name yet.

Stick your reg no in here to check the status.

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114730d8a5bab8e888dd4ab49ec592046e0763ab.e38PaNaSbh0RaO0LaNmRbxySbxmOe0?page=welcome

Advertisement