Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead 360?

• 01-07-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Right so, first time I've had a problem with my 360 other than the occasional disc read error. It freezes after about 2-5 mins of game play and sometimes it beeps right as it stalls. No ring of death, no nothing....just freezes. Happened last night, and I thought it may just be overheating, but its the same story 12 hours later.

So whats the story, is there some place I have to register online for repair? How long does it take? Can i take off the hard drive before i send it away?

I got it Christmas 2006... so is it outside warranty, and if so how much is it gonna cost to get it fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Had exactly the same problem with mine and sorry to tell ya, but your Xbox has bitten the dust. You'll need to contact MS to arrange a repair for it (which can take 2 - 5weeks). Christmas 2006 should be okay for repair, they extended the warranty to 3 years IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

www.consolerepairsireland.ie

€50.

You will have to post it to Bray, but the guy is good. So handy for me because its a 2min walk away. But they are cheaper and quicker than Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Well I took off the hard drive earlier, same problem. Loaded FIFA, got to the arena and after 1 minute or so it froze.

Turned it off, turned it on again, froze straight away.

Turned it off, turned it on, ring of death.

Thank God for that..... I didn't want to have to go through the whole troubleshooting process, as i knew it was flucked! I've got the ring of death for the last four or five tries now. Anyways, rang the call center, got through to this lad, he sounded like he was from Pakistan or Indian... He was dead sound, no hassle at all, it will be done free of charge as they'd extended the warranty to 3 years, and done within 2-3 weeks. Expected some heckling, but nothing of the sort. Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    , and done within 2-3 weeks.

I'm still waiting for it to be sent to Germany... nearly 3 weeks later. Was collected last week by UPS. Seems to be taking long time to be shipped!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Well I took off the hard drive earlier, same problem. Loaded FIFA, got to the arena and after 1 minute or so it froze.

Turned it off, turned it on again, froze straight away.

Turned it off, turned it on, ring of death.

Thank God for that..... I didn't want to have to go through the whole troubleshooting process, as i knew it was flucked! I've got the ring of death for the last four or five tries now. Anyways, rang the call center, got through to this lad, he sounded like he was from Pakistan or Indian... He was dead sound, no hassle at all, it will be done free of charge as they'd extended the warranty to 3 years, and done within 2-3 weeks. Expected some heckling, but nothing of the sort. Legend!

Actually, they only extended the warranty to 3 yrs for the RROD, so you were lucky you got it. All other problems still have 1 yr warranty.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    Actually, they only extended the warranty to 3 yrs for the RROD, so you were lucky you got it. All other problems still have 1 yr warranty.

Ummm...i did get the RROD, right before I rang them.

Rainyface wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for it to be sent to Germany... nearly 3 weeks later. Was collected last week by UPS. Seems to be taking long time to be shipped!!!

Uh oh, doesn't bode well, especially when they sent me the labels, printed off my address, but there was no county on it. :confused::confused:

Rainyface wrote: »

You would have been better off dropping it into a depot. I dropped mine into UPS yesterday and the tracking number is now showing "In Transit".

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

I did that the last time so couldnt be ars3d to do it this time!
    Ah well, At least I've time to get fit again!

DarkJager wrote: »
    You would have been better off dropping it into a depot. I dropped mine into UPS yesterday and the tracking number is now showing "In Transit".

That would have been a good idea probably.... the nearest depot center is Shannon which isn't so far. Oh well, already have it arranged to be collected on Monday. :o

• Advertisement

That would have been a good idea probably.... the nearest depot center is Shannon which isn't so far. Oh well, already have it arranged to be collected on Monday. :o

Exactly the place I dropped mine! :D Just checked UPS and it has already arrived in Frankfurt. I'm keeping fingers crossed its back by the end of next week or the start of the follwing at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Folks, do you need your original receipt if you have RROD? I've lost my receipt. Can they check the warranty based on serial number or something?

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Folks, do you need your original receipt if you have RROD? I've lost my receipt. Can they check the warranty based on serial number or something?

You don't need any receipt. All they will ask for is the serial number off the back of the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You don't need any receipt. All they will ask for is the serial number off the back of the console.

Thanks, figured it out myself anyway, but I appreciate the response. Cheers.

Advertisement