Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know how long it takes planet-x to deliver ??

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I have ranted enough over the last day or so that I bought from them and I am like a big kid waiting on his pressie !! sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

... Mmmm someone is really impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

oh yes that is me i hate waiting ha ha
    tap tap tap tap where is it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 makospeed

Ordered March 21st 07 arrived 10 days later, depends on how many orders the warehouse is processing

10 days ...what the hell am i gonna do for 10 days
    cheers makospeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    10 days ...what the hell am i gonna do for 10 days
    cheers makospeed

Maybe you could cryogenically freeze yourself to make the time pass in an instant :p

• Advertisement

think i would rather spend the money on a set of wheels rather than freezing myself for the week ha, my size i am sure it wouldnt be cheap he he

hope you didnt buy the Reynolds Race wheels that come standard, build quaility is a problem, I had to send my wheels back to be rebuilt, the front wheel still suffers from spoke breakages which Ive got use to changing myself...saving for new wheels

makospeed wrote: »
    hope you didnt buy the Reynolds Race wheels that come standard, build quaility is a problem, I had to send my wheels back to be rebuilt, the front wheel still suffers from spoke breakages which Ive got use to changing myself...saving for new wheels

Yeah just went with them I plan on getting new ones right away and will use the standard ones for commuting

Makospeed what bike did you buy and how did you find the bike quality ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

It's not the Reynolds wheels that come as standard anymore... It's planet x's own brand wheels.. I've only done 100 miles on mine but they seem fine...

• Advertisement

yeah thats right i checked today its there own wheels

I got the Planet X SL Pro carbon road (in black) Medium, with full Ultegra group set and Dura Ace Chainset, unfortunately I paid 1300GBP before they reduced the price to 999GBP with a slightly different setup but I was a little annoyed about that...overall I have been very happy (apart from the wheel issue) completed the W200 last year and it was a joy

what computer do you use on it ?

I dont like messy wires so I went for the Cateye Strada Wireless which was recommended by a fellow cyclist, easy to setup and has not caused me one problem...I have the screen attached to my stem rather the handlebars..heres a pic

Very nice thanks for that I will put pics up tomorrow it should be wit me by then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

mako- did your bike come with Dura Ace cranks or did you upgrade? As they never had a 999 offer with DA cranks. You probably didn't do so badly!

I was lucky they ran out of Ultegra and gave me the Dura ace instead...

happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I was lucky they ran out of Ultegra and gave me the Dura ace instead...
    Lucky man indeed! I don't think you did badly at all; the 999 offer has never included group cranksets/BBs (or brakes), they have always been Truvativ/Tektro or whatever. Cassettes and chains have tended to be 105 on the 999 offers. The full group offers were always more expensive than the 999 offer, which just included shifters and front/rear mech from the group. (Indeed their "clearout Ultegra SL" full group offer was 200 more expensive than the "999 Dura-Ace build.")

Nice bikes either way.

Advertisement