Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can it be done? O2 BB and PS3 compatibility??

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know if its possible for the O2 Broadband to be used on the PS3? I know it doesnt work through the USB ports on the PS3 but what if, (hears the complicated bit!), If i had a wireless router connected to my computer to transmit the O2 signal through the computer to the PS3? Probably imposible, but any help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi There,

Its actually very easy. I did it myself, after weeks of trying the wrong thing. You need a wireless router though.

Plug in and install the modem on the computer. Go into network connections, select the connection, properties, and enable sharing for this device.

Then set up the wireless router, and connect it to the computer. It's important to connect it with a normal LAN cable, and into one of the wired connections (NOT the wireless or WEP connection)

On XP, this should do the trick. On vista, you need to change the wireless router to "private network". Do this by hitting customise in the network connection page. If it warns of an IP conflict, ignore it.

Advertisement