Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland - Broadband Details???

Options
  • 01-07-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Right, after a lot of researching and calling companies I've set my sights on BT's 2mb Broadband and Total Talk package. Looks good and has the important FREE international calls that I'm after.

What I'm wondering though is, is there anywhere I can see the further details of their broadband service? Stuff such as finding out the contention ratio I might be receiving.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have a look at www.getbroadband.ie
    It lists some details like contention, of the various products available in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Have a look at www.getbroadband.ie
    It lists some details like contention, of the various products available in your area.

Just had a look there. Apparently there are no products available in my area lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Contention is the same as all the Eircom resellers.
    48:1 on 1 & 2 meg
    24:1 on the 3 meg

Thanks kaizersoze!

So would that be the norm? I'm not getting a bum deal with the 2mb am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Thanks kaizersoze!

So would that be the norm? I'm not getting a bum deal with the 2mb am I?

Thats the norm for all the Eircom resellers, ie. BT, UTV, Perlico etc.

The BT bundles are the best value around atm.

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Thats the norm for all the Eircom resellers, ie. BT, UTV, Perlico etc.

The BT bundles are the best value around atm.

Cool. Thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You might want to have a read of this before proceeding, just so you have you're eyes open. Also, I've noticed a fair bit of people complaining about BT's contention (or speed issues anyway) of late. For some it's great, for some it's not. Don't think I'd want to take the chance, even for the price.

I ended up signing up with BT Ireland. Got a great deal with free connection, free wireless router and a free upgrade from 2mb Broadband to 3mb.

Can't wait for it to start :)

Advertisement