Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Items with car names

Options
  • 01-07-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Have you bought anything or have anything with a car name on it. Ive seen a toyota sewing machine/House and a Daewoo microwave. Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Had a Mitsubishi television a few years back....like their cars, brutal quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Daewoo make everthing

Supplying the products related to household electric appliances (LCD TVs, PDP TVs, DVD Players, Color TVs, Air-cons, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, microwaves and other small household electric appliances),
    IT related products (LCD Monitors, MP3P, Digital Cameras, Digital Photo Frames and various peripheral devices),
    communication devices and terminals(Mobile/DECT/PDA/WLL Phone, Repeater, Navigation, USB Modem, Optical Cable, Set Top Box, Drycell Battery etc)
    plus medical devices as new items under the brands of Daewoo, Daewoo International, Daytek and buyer brands in the form of finished products or SKD/CKD and is planning to achieve the sales of around 234 billion won in 2008 through expanding supplies to the countries in Europe CIS, Canada, USA and countries in Middle East Asia and Asia and developing new buyers.

Machinery Division 2 is composed of specialized experts in regions and items and it is serving the role of leading domestic defense industry by supplying conventional weapons such as firearms and ammunitions as well as various communication equipments, basic trainers, armored personnel carriers, submarine overhaul, frigates, landing platform docks (LPD) etc to various countries in the world in Southeast Asia, Africa and Middle East. Recently, it has been working on taking large projects for wheel type armored vehicles, new submarines, multi-role support ships etc. :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Although my Daewoo Tv melted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Toyota make sewing machines aswell as cars, and Lamborghini make tractors aswell. Porsche used to also make tractors back in the 1950's I think.

Daewoo make alot of electronic goods, Mitsubishi (under the name 'Black Diamond') make TV's and VCR's.

Hyundai also make trains and ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've got a pair of Peugeot salt and pepper grinders. Apparently the company was actually founded on the invention of the mechanism used in these grinders way back in 1842. They make bicycles too.

• Advertisement

I remember seeing some time back a power drill made by Peugeot.

If it counts, JCB also make heavy duty electronic goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Have a Peugeot Battery Drill and a JCB mains drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Honda make lawn mowers too :)

I'm awaiting delivery of a Maserati blender and Maybach Espresso maker soon*

*May not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had a Peugeot pushbike, once upon a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Fiat made tilting trains, Saab made supersonic fighter jets, Messerschmitt and Heinkel made WW2 Fighter planes and then went on to make cars.

• Advertisement

Rolls Royce also make jet engines and engines for buses and trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is Daewoo not the worlds largest ship builder ?

Anyway - lots of these companies made the items specified long before the cars came along.

Mitsubishi made aeroplanes first as did Saab - and Lamborghini made tractors long before they made cars too.

Toyota make cars and sowing machines is not new to me - I can jsut never figure out which is which !

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota started out making looms, and have continued to stay in that line. seperate company now though.

I've seen Hyundai televisions, Toyota also make forklifts, of course there's Samsung who also make cars, despite being more well known for their electronics

colm_mcm wrote: »
    of course there's Samsung who also make cars, despite being more well known for their electronics

Samsung make cars in partnership with Renault AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Skoda have been making machine tool since before WW2 and still do. http://www.cz-smt.cz/en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A lot of those companies are now totally separate from the car makers of the same name. For instance the Lamborghini tractors aren't made by VAG, but by Deutz-Fahr, Rolls Royce cars is a totally separate concern to Rolls Royce that makes the aero engines, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Sure I own a Bugatti pair of shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Weren't Swatch, a watch company, heavily involved in the development of the Smart car with Mercedes?

Saw Porsche/Addidas trainers last week, have had a couple of pairs embossed with a Goodyear tread and logo myself, very comfortable.

We have a Hyundai microwave somewhere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Mitsubishi also make all sorts of electronics dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Toyota builds the Espacio GX, not a JDM Corolla Verso but this.

house_03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Fuji Heavy Industries (who make Subaru) also make airplanes, helicopters and parts for Boeing.

Mitsubishi Chemical make blank CDs and DVDs (they own the Verbatim brand), and loads of other stuff. Mitsubishi Electric sell air conditioners over here. The Black Diamond brand was barely related to Mitsubishi Electric - I think all that stuff was made in Turkey by Beko or something like that (junk whatever it was).

There's also a Mitsubishi Pencil Company who make Uni-Ball pens, but are unrelated to the other Mitsubishi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Skoda make bicycles and have done since before they started making cars.I think they started aroung 1896 or so.There failry dear bikes now, mind.I know someone who has recently bought a top of the range one.It cost him 3K!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Mitsubishi was a huge company in Japan that did absolutely everything; banking, chemical, heavy engineering, electrical/electronics. It was broken up into seperate divisions after WW2 as the Americans realised its potential.

Korea is practically owned by Daewoo, Samsung and Hyundai; again they have dozens of divisions and offshoots. If you spend anytime in Seoul you'll see almost every skyscraper is topped by the one of those three logos.

BTW I've got a Porsche kettle and Lambretta shoes; can I play?

Advertisement