Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Campus Accommodation near UCD?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going into 3rd Comm and am just about to get looking for accommodation next year. Can anyone recommend any good, student friendly places where me and two second year students could find near UCD?Hopefully an apartment block of students that is within walking distance.Or even a reasonably priced house that would take on students. We're still paying for last year's place so dont want to see any 12 month leases . Daft has been more or less useless this year and last year so I'm hoping that I can find a good place through word of mouth.

Thanks for any help in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Whats your price range? Its the most important thing to sort out before anything. €500 would be pretty reasonable beside UCD for a single room where as shared would be about €420. Then what areas would you want to be looking at? ie Booterstown, Stillorgan, Milltown, Dundrum? Oh and do you mind sharing with either of your moving in buddies? Many places I saw when looking were sharing rooms and if you're looking to not pay €500+ a month, its your best option.

If moneys not really a problem then I was down the SU yesterday and saw a place-3 bedrooms, €2000 a month in Clonskeagh. Check out the other options on the accomodation list down in the su... I think its online too on www.ucdsu.ie.

And honestly I don't think you have much chance (really small chance there) of being in an apartment block with a bunch of other students a la campus... that is unless you go looking in Ranelagh, but thats bus/cycling distance really

Advertisement