Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still unsure? (CAO)

Options
  • 01-07-2008 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Just over an hour to go... omg. :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Got my offer after interview (April) as a Mature Student, very happy. If you are happy with your first choice then do not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Yeah, still pretty unsure, particularly with the order of choices. But I think I'll stick with it now, I don't think I'd ever reach a point when I'm truly satisfied with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Extremely.

I have no clue what to do. I have Philosophy, Politics, Economics and History number 1, I actually want that course but I am 95% sure I won't get it, so I think I'll get my second choice so it's important that I pick the right number 2.

I am doing different TSM with Economics. Economics/Spanish, Econ/Sociology etc.

I like Spanish but am not exactly brilliant at it, and it's one of those subjects I'm worried that I will hate doing it in Third Level.

Arggh.

Yep, Still pretty unsure.. Mostly about my order of preference though..

Oh well.. We'll all be in cooooledge next year. :D

Timans wrote: »
    Extremely.
    I am doing different TSM with Economics. Economics/Spanish, Econ/Sociology etc. I like Spanish but am not exactly brilliant at it, and it's one of those subjects I'm worried that I will hate doing it in Third Level.
    Arggh.

Same as that.. If I get Law and European Studies.. which is my second choice, i'm gonna have to do french.. I also like french but amnt brilliant at it either.. and from what ive heard is pretty hard at third level.. so yeah :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 g'way

My carreer guidance counsellor told me that the french in Commere with french in NUIG is pretty basic conversational french that wouldn't pose too many problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

g'way wrote: »
    My carreer guidance counsellor told me that the french in Commere with french in NUIG is pretty basic conversational french that wouldn't pose too many problems!

You goin doin it? Where can ya go in France for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

You goin doin it? Where can ya go in France for it?

There are a few selected Colleges in France, depends on which Uni you're in. I know NUIG link up with Paris, Nice, Avingon etc. all the mains French Uni's, don't worry you won't be in a depressed region anyway!!
    What you do is, spend a year in French College studying French Law and improving fluency of language. I heard that if you even turn up for lectures you get credits. don't worry there's no huge exam that you must or else you're kicked out. Nothing like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Hah I missed the deadline.

Well I'm fine with my first choice, and I'm 99.9% sure I'll get it.....but I was going to change my second choice from computer applications to the new computers/business course in DCU.

I'm confident it won't affect me, but if it does.....

grr

I forgot about the fact that the deadline was at 5pm. I logged onto the CAO at about 8pm, saw my list of courses and spent two minutes looking for the "change courses" button and then saw the time and was just "oh yeah"

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

nerd3000 wrote: »
    There are a few selected Colleges in France, depends on which Uni you're in. I know NUIG link up with Paris, Nice, Avingon etc. all the mains French Uni's, don't worry you won't be in a depressed region anyway!!
    What you do is, spend a year in French College studying French Law and improving fluency of language. I heard that if you even turn up for lectures you get credits. don't worry there's no huge exam that you must or else you're kicked out. Nothing like that at all.

Oh no I'm not doing it, I did pass French. A good few of my friends might be doing it though, just wondering where they might head off to like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement