Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~Best place in Ireland to go out?~

• 01-07-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Right, me and a few of my girlfriends are planning a weekend away soon, and we need ideas on where to go! We're already from the BEST place to go out (Galway! :D)...so where's the second best?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Muff, Co. Donegal....or Waterford City, both good spots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Cavan.

But seriously, Galway is for the win. Stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Galway, then Dublin.

I'd say in Galway if I was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Clontibret in Monaghan, Its a Boom town, theres gold on the streets!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Kilkenny is pretty good. Go there.

That is all.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

People, PEOPLE! Place names on their own are no use....we need pub names, why it's a good spot, etc!

No more talk of Galway - we're sick of the place! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Galway's pretty sh*t tbh... lack of variety for those of us who live here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Sligo is full of hen parties recently.
    If your staying West of the Shannon the Velvet room is probably the best nightclub around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

go knacker drinking in Cork

Sligo is full of hen parties recently.
    If your staying West of the Shannon the Velvet room is probably the best nightclub around.

Living in Dub at the mo, so to say that I'm sick of hen parties is a complete understatement!!

• Advertisement

ozzyoh wrote: »
    People, PEOPLE! Place names on their own are no use....we need pub names, why it's a good spot, etc!

No more talk of Galway - we're sick of the place! :eek:
    McMahons in Cavan Town so. Go on a Friday night, always a great band playing there! Even call to find out who's playing, and if you hear the names Blue Moose/Menace/J90/Glitterbugs/Royal Flush then BE THERE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Well if some of ye are in Dublin and some in Galway, Athlone sounds like the best bet. Couple of really cool pubs, makes a welcome change for the typical superpub in Dub/Gal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Dingle.

Great pubs, small so easy to get around and a disco that is stuck in the 70's which it is impossible to get refused entry from no matter how drunk you are.

Oh, also fungi.........

I changed my mind.

You can all come back to mine. i will provide dorito's and dips. May involve some dancing on your part :D;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford & Tramore.. good spots. Damit, aint you seen the ads?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

come down to Athlone ladies. Great pubs.gerties browns, nuts corner and the oldest pub in the country Seans bar. also the lads have hugh balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

We need to sticky this 'Best place in Ireland to go out'. It seems to be a weekly recurring theme at this stage.

Listermint, as long you got cocktails, cheesy music, and a tolerance for very CRAP dancing we're there!! :D

come down to Athlone ladies. Great pubs.gerties browns, nuts corner and the oldest pub in the country Seans bar. also the lads have hugh balls
    Wow... what an entrance!

ozzyoh wrote: »
    Listermint, as long you got cocktails, cheesy music, and a tolerance for very CRAP dancing we're there!! :D

I have a high tolerance for all stated. however i do not make cocktails im not tom cruise.:P Invite revoked:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

athlone is a good spot on a saturday night, plenty of choice, the palace, prince, rayners, seans, gerties for bars and karma, bozos for the aul disca :D sunday night the pubs next to the college ie charlie brown, blinkers and the scribes the college bar are usually packed.

its a very rough town though or at least it was when i lived there from 1999 to 2004

john street in waterford has loads of bars, clubs and chippers, in fact thats all there is on that street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

athlone is a bit rough all right...some girls i know get their hair cut in tool hire !!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Velvet Rooms in Sligo is a good place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Galway

Killarney

Killkenny

Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Limerick is a very good spot for a once off night out. Has developed a kind of temple bar area down by the market with 3 huge clubs and 5 or 6 late disco bars all within a few hundred yards of each other.

And don't believe everything you read in the paper, there's very rarely ever trouble in around the city centre. I've spent years living in Dublin and Limerick and I can tell you which O'Connell Street I'd feel safer walking down at 3 am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start off in www.crownbar.com
    Then head south to www.thebelfastempire.com
    Another few in www.laverysbelfast.com
    If you still can walk go to www.thestiffkitten.com

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Actually Biko is right. Go to Belfast it's better than all the rest.

Tinytony wrote: »
    Limerick is a very good spot for a once off night out. Has developed a kind of temple bar area down by the market with 3 huge clubs and 5 or 6 late disco bars all within a few hundred yards of each other.

And don't believe everything you read in the paper, there's very rarely ever trouble in around the city centre. I've spent years living in Dublin and Limerick and I can tell you which O'Connell Street I'd feel safer walking down at 3 am.

+1, stayed in limerick for a weekend a few months back, we walked to and from our hotel in punchs cross without as much as a whisper from the locals, saw a girl on o'connell street get really sick but thats as much "unsocial behaviour" i saw that wkend.

limerick is a decent spot, some good pubs and clubs, sunday night is a bit quiet (quieter than galway, dublin and waterford anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

id deffinately reccomend stopping over in Limerick if you havent stayed here before, temple bar type area down by the pedestrianised streets and market, handfull of clubs include Icon nightclub, the famous trinityrooms (www.trinityrooms.ie) and the brand spanking new club (angel lane), or dolans warehouse and bakers place if you like the live gigs. redeculious amount of shopping centres to choose from too..to name a few ennis road retail park, jetland shopping centre, arthurs quay chopping centre, parkway shopping centre, parkway retail park, childers road retail park, cresent shopping centre, city east retail park, eastway retail park, delta retail park, etc etc! enjoy! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Kilkenny is a good spot if you are coming down for weekends etc.
    It can be riddled with hens and stags though.

I'd recommend Galway, Dublin or Waterford for good sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dublin > all.

Lets face it...
    But seriously;

Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i agree, Limerick is probably one of the most under rated cities in Ireland, if you have never been your in for a treat! :pac:

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dublin > all.

Lets face it...

galway has better pubs than dublin plus its far cheaper for drink and accommodation and tripadvisor travellers ranked galway far higher than dublin in a recent poll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

http://www.mountwolseley.ie/

I was at this place for a wedding at the weekend, Its a really fancy place! You can get some good deals during the week days i think, when i walked into the place it was like the end of scarface! :D

Theres all that relaxing stuff for the women and golf for the men, Tullow is down the road and carlow city is only a brief drive away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Plus if you go to Limerick, when you come back you can tell all your friends who believe everything they read in the papers about how you went to Limerick and survived. They'll think your rock hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mollybaby20

Any decent spots to go out during the week? Looking for somewhere to go for my 21st, somewhere different than limerick waterford galway cork and dublin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Any decent spots to go out during the week? Looking for somewhere to go for my 21st, somewhere different than limerick waterford galway cork and dublin :)

You probably would have been better starting a new thread rather than replying to this one from 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Blackbush1905

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    i agree, Limerick is probably one of the most under rated cities in Ireland, if you have never been your in for a treat! :pac:

Full of mule riding gypsey, no chance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

You should've asked me 5 year ago
    Dunno where you could go now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Full of mule riding gypsey, no chance!!

I see you're here for a good time,not a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Blackbush1905

crockholm wrote: »
    I see you're here for a good time,not a long time

don't get ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Somewhere with a college would be the best bet for during the week. So apart from the places you mentioned Sligo, Athlone and Carlow would be good but find out beforehand which nights are good in each spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Coppers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    http://www.mountwolseley.ie/

I was at this place for a wedding at the weekend, Its a really fancy place! You can get some good deals during the week days i think, when i walked into the place it was like the end of scarface! :D

Theres all that relaxing stuff for the women and golf for the men, Tullow is down the road and carlow city is only a brief drive away.

What, a shot out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Dublin, obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just let the thread die.

Welcome to boards.

Please do not bumb zombie threads.

You will get better answers to your query is one of the regional forums

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement