Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Subforums?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

For a start, can we all calm down please? People really need to stop with the hissy fits.

Weeder, I was going to let the other moderators run with this, but you've quoted one of my pms without my prior consent, so I'm getting involved.
    weeder wrote: »
    see gizmo,'s op

quite frankly the mods here are full of bull scutter ,

That's the thanks we get for giving you free promotion advertising to your new forums? Thanks, that means a lot.
    the IAA forums are"pimped" here

They cater to IAA related subjects which we tried to keep off this forum because of the hassle it was causing. We did this by linking people to another forum. This was for our benefit, not theirs. You should know as you try to keep politics from your own forums too.
    Rabbits site is also there somewhere,

Where exactly? oh wait, I can't see it on the first page as he was nice enough not to keep bumping it. It's a completely different forum anyway.
    (wonder how long ill be waiting for this post to be deleted)

Your maturity level really shines through here. Stamp your foot much? You'd really want to reconsider how you post if you're on here representing the adminsitration of another forum you want to promote - for free.
    quite frankly i dont give a flying fvck if this gets me banned because it needed to be said and the 4 of us know the real reason we are being singled out over the others

Quite franky weeder, if you don't like it here, then you have a perfectly good forum of your own to post in. If, on the other hand you wish to continue posting here, for gods sake go back to being the productive member of this community you once were and stop stamping your foot and thinking it's your god given right to advertise here for free because 'everyone else does'. Sorry, but that's not how this place works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I left this thread last night and it was on-topic :rolleyes:

a brief mention of "our website" by gizmo has destroyed the thread,

"our website" hardly pimping now, an off the cuff mention of a site, if it was

pimping she would stick in a link no?

not having a go at anyone here, couldnt care less what ya's stamp your feet

and cry about. It's just the same old story and its sad tbh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you ask me* the initial clampdown on Gizmo's post was unnecessary, but may have been misread, perhaps the subsequent reaction was more to do with the previous disagreements regarding that site, but her post seemed very fair.

Lads drum it out among yourselves in pm and get a clear stance from the mods regarding mentioning the other site, so this doesn't happen again.

*feel free to ignore this, its just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

My eyes are bleeding .....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,895 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll explain how this forum works in regard to other fora and commercial entities and then I'm going to lock this thread. To save Lemmings vision if anything.

If someone wishes to post something that could be seen as advertising a retailer/skirmish site/event/outside website, they contact a moderator to get the go ahead. (Which I'm sure you all know - and in most cases we're only too happy to help out)

This is not your right. It is an extreme privelage. One which you are very lucky to get and should show a bit of gratitude for by acting with some decorum and common sense. If there's a bit of a hiccup or event (like this one) contact a moderator via pm. The worst thing anyone can do in such a situation is throw a wobbly on thread.

Now I really do think some wires were crossed here and we all need to calm down a bit and have a think. If any further communication is needed, it should be done via PM.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement