Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse-lack of talent verified

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Oh wonderful point there. Madonna clearly has no talent, which is why she's one of the most successful and critically acclaimed female artists of all time.

==>Exactly, she's 'successful'.

Another fantastic display of logic here. Let's apply it another scenario

I like bread, but I prefer chocolate.
    So according to ZakAttack I shouldn't bother eating bread when there's better stuff (i.e.chocolate) out there.

==>I like bread too, but I'm not going to eat that manky brown 'vogel' cack, I'd much prefer to eat the nice fresh crusty bread from superquinn. Theres lots of logic in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well obviously people do eat this "Vogel cack", otherwise it wouldn't sell.

I don't admire Amy Winehouse because she's a drug-riddled walking car crash - I try to look past those and focus solely on her music.
    I admire her because she's a talented singer and songwriter, who I believe has the potential to be one of the greatest female artists of this generation if she can sort out her problems.

Well obviously people do eat this "Vogel cack", otherwise it wouldn't sell.

==>Or maybe people get their heads filled with sh1te and think they should buy it.

I don't admire Amy Winehouse because she's a drug-riddled walking car crash - I try to look past those and focus solely on her music.

==>Thats what I tried to do when I tuned in to BBC/Glasto coverage- but then I realised you can't look past all the drug stuff because she doesn't want you to. She orchestrated all that stuff and it worked, a P.R. stunt with a twist.

I admire her because she's a talented singer and songwriter, who I believe has the potential to be one of the greatest female artists of this generation if she can sort out her problems.

==>Its not a problem if it results in you being famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Get your facts straight, it didn't result in her being famous. It added to her notoriety after she became famous, but she became famous on the strength of her singing and songwriting skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ZakAttack wrote:
    ==>Or maybe people get their heads filled with sh1te and think they should buy it.
    So there's subliminal messaging that's forcing me to buy her music? It's all so clear now....I should never have worn that tin foil hat...
    ZakAttack wrote:
    ==>Thats what I tried to do when I tuned in to BBC/Glasto coverage- but then I realised you can't look past all the drug stuff because she doesn't want you to. She orchestrated all that stuff and it worked, a P.R. stunt with a twist
    Oh Dear Lord! :eek:
    You think she's orchestrated being rushed to hospital?
    You think messing up her lungs with crack and contracting emphysema was a PR stunt that will benefit her career?
    You think she's married to a deadbeat jailbird on purpose so she can shift a few albums?
    ZakAttack wrote:
    ==>Its not a problem if it results in you being famous.
    That argument is so feeble it's laughable.
    Amy's fame came before her drug habits - this has been explained to you before.
    And what if her drug habit kills her - is it a problem then?

I'm bored of this thread now. You keep going around in circles and have not put forward one intelligent argument.
    I'll continue listening to Amy Winehouse, you can continue not liking her.
    The world will keep spinning.

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote: »
    Get your facts straight, it didn't result in her being famous. It added to her notoriety after she became famous, but she became famous on the strength of her singing and songwriting skills.

==>I didn't hear anything about her before she started doing drugs.

Maybe you should pay more attention to music publications instead of tabloids, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was trying to hold back, ZakAttak, and this may get me into trouble... but when it comes to this particular topic: you really are full of sh1t. Astoundingly full of sh1t. You resent the fact that she's a junkie and a skank yet extremely famous and acclaimed - you even take it personally. I might feel like that too... if I was 11. Grow up.
    ZakAttak wrote: »
    ==>I didn't hear anything about her before she started doing drugs.
    LOL - sure you didn't. Rehab, a massive seller which could be heard everywhere, was released months before her drug addiction became common knowledge. And she was around and acclaimed for a number of years before that.

Why the shift in rant anyway? It was "she's so lacking in talent" earlier, now it's "she's only famous because of her drug addiction".

Maybe you should pay more attention to music publications instead of tabloids, no?

==>These days they're all the one.

Dudess wrote: »
    I was trying to hold back, ZakAttak, and this may get me into trouble... but when it comes to this particular topic: you really are full of sh1t. Astoundingly full of sh1t. You resent the fact that she's a junkie and a skank yet extremely famous and acclaimed - you even take it personally. I might feel like that too... if I was 11. Grow up.

==>I don't take it personally at all. Perhaps if I was a young up and coming singer with geniune talent, who who give anything for a chance to play at an event such as Glasto, but who doesn't get much attention because they're not a junkie- then yes, maybe I would take it seriously.

LOL - sure you didn't. Rehab, a massive seller which could be heard everywhere, was released months before her drug addiction became common knowledge. And she was around and acclaimed for a number of years before that.

Why the shift in rant anyway? It was "she's so lacking in talent" earlier, now it's "she's only famous because of her drug addiction".

==>Its the same thing.

• Advertisement

It isn't at all.

==>These days they're all the one.

Wrong. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I was trying to hold back, ZakAttak, and this may get me into trouble... but when it comes to all topics: you really are full of sh1t. Astoundingly full of sh1t.

Fixed ;).

ZakAttak wrote:
    I don't take it personally at all. Perhaps if I was a young up and coming singer with geniune talent, who who give anything for a chance to play at an event such as Glasto, but who doesn't get much attention because they're not a junkie- then yes, maybe I would take it seriously
    Ah... that's what I suspected...

You're gonna have to do a better job of convincing you're not taking it personally. You're even taking personally other people's views that she's good ffs...

Wrong. Again.

==>I don't think so- the print media has been fvcked ever since people started going to the internet for information rather than paying out loads of money for hard-copy magazines. They've been left with no choice but to print articles which before now would have been found in tabloids- cos thats what gets good readership. Its why you see formerly 'indie' mags doing interviews with boybands, and not taking the p1ss out of them.

Ah... that's what I suspected...

You're gonna have to do a better job of convincing you're not taking it personally. You're even taking personally other people's views that she's good ffs...

==>whats ffs?

It isn't at all.

==>If you can't sing, you don't have much of a singing talent. If you can't sing and then try to make up for it by being controversial, you still don't have any singing talent. Either way, you don't have any talent.

Well, I can think of one person who needs to go to rehab, yes, yes, yes :pac:

She can sing.

She can sing.

==>Yeah, she can- in the studio! Britney fvcking Spears can sing- in the studio! Madonna can sing- in the fvcking studio!

you've got to be able to do it live, until then nobody can be certain that any particular singer is in reality a good singer.

• Advertisement

Well, I can think of one person who needs to go to rehab, yes, yes, yes :pac:

==>Hilarious, like being told a joke by Lily Savage himself.

==>Yeah, she can.
    you've got to be able to do it live, until then nobody can be certain that any particular singer is in reality a good singer.
    Britney mimes "live", btw ;)

You're basing this rambling rant on, what, two recent tv gigs? As you've admitted, you've only recently become aware of her due to the media furore over her human failings, so you're blithely choosing to ignore that, yes she can sing live, that if you bothered your hole to look you could find footage of her singing live and that her career as a singer has lasted for years, long before you recently became aware of her.

Well done, that is impressive :)

Oops, that went over three lines, would you like me to post the bottom half in a seperate thread?

Why do you say she can't sing live? Don't tell me you're basing it on the Glastonbury performance which you gloated about. That was only a couple of weeks ago and she's been half dead from drug and alcohol abuse for a long time now. Her voice can't be judged on the basis of that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

What about that performance of Beat It with Lily Allen?
    That wasn't much use...

Again, these are the junkie years. Smoking cigarettes probably doesn't affect the voice for a good few years but smoking weed, heroin and crack...?
    Have you heard what smack did to Marianne Faithfull's voice? Put it this way: As Tears Go By versus Broken English = angel versus the female Tom Waits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

==>Yeah, she can- in the studio! Britney fvcking Spears can sing- in the studio! Madonna can sing- in the fvcking studio!

Zak I'm honestly starting to think that last weeks two performances at the Mandela bash and Glastonbury were the first times you've ever noticed Miss Winehouse. You are basing your whole argument around those two shoddy performances.

You say she can't sing live. Check this link out of Amy performing and try telling me that she's not singing up to the standards of her whilst in the studio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtE2RrDAF8

Britney mimes "live", btw ;)

==>I never said she didn't.

Why do you say she can't sing live? Don't tell me you're basing it on the Glastonbury performance which you gloated about.

==>No I'm basing it on the Mandela concert as well.

[Have you heard what smack did to Marianne Faithfull's voice?

==>That was different, she could sing in the first place.

• Advertisement

As could Amy Winehouse.
    No I'm basing it on the Mandela concert as well.
    So two concerts at the height of her heroin/crack addiction?

I've a feeling you're just pulling the pee at this stage...

By the way, the quote function isn't that difficult to get the hang of.

Advertisement