Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse-lack of talent verified

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Her first albuym was really good...

I got it way back when it first dropped, long before the Amy fever existed. And i thought it was great.. her new album is good also, think she is very talented. It all just happened way tooo fast.
    You cant go from being virtually nobody to international superstar that fast without sh*tting yourself.. Fair enough, thats what goes on in the states, but they seem to be bread into it since flippin child-hood!

To be honest if i blew up that fast, me and my friend - Rum - would be getting much better aquainted.. it'd be such a shock to the system..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Valeriedoors

Yea, her live performances leave alot to be desired!! She has no interest in being there. When she cancelled her gigs earlier in the year she did her fans a favour, money well saved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

I'm not a big fan of hers cos i don't really like that kinda music. i was virtually dragged to see her at ****** last weekend, and although she was a bit unsteady and forgot some of the words, her voice is really amazing in real life, and she seemed to take it all in good humour. If she seems disinterested to others in her live performance, i think you're misreading being slightly spaced out as being bored!in a weird way, i got more respect for her since i saw her live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Whatever about her drug addiction shes makes good music. People are too used to squeeky clean pop acts these days. Back in the day she'd be a lightweight.

Yup

a lot of the comments here are off-topic

Aside from her personal life, she clearly has talent

Okay, she is a bit of a mess, but she is a great songwriter and singer IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Her first albuym was really good...

I got it way back when it first dropped, long before the Amy fever existed. And i thought it was great.. her new album is good also, think she is very talented. It all just happened way tooo fast.
    You cant go from being virtually nobody to international superstar that fast without sh*tting yourself.. Fair enough, thats what goes on in the states, but they seem to be bread into it since flippin child-hood!

To be honest if i blew up that fast, me and my friend - Rum - would be getting much better aquainted.. it'd be such a shock to the system..

You said it

That "Frank" album is excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That's a very ironic name for an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just to address the OPs thread title:

I think you will find talent there. Singing - playing an instrument - songwriting.

Honestly, this whole thread reads like a tabloid witch hunt.

Hears my perspective:

She was famous before the whole drugs thing. Yes famous for her music.
    She has a fantastic voice and is a real talent.
    She is ****ed up on drugs and is falling apart in public and is a shadow of what she was performance wise. I wouldnt pay to see her live the state she is in at the moment.

The amount of people posting on here who seem to lap up the whole "celebrity" culture and seem to have hatred for a woman they dont even know is laughable.

What a ****ing depressing thread to read. It shouldnt even be a a music forum the way it reads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

adox wrote: »
    Just to address the OPs thread title:

I think you will find talent there. Singing - playing an instrument - songwriting.

It's actually quite sad to watch that and then to look at her now.
    She looked so much better without the bad make up and mad hair.
    And she sang so much better without the drug problems.
    adox wrote:
    Honestly, this whole thread reads like a tabloid witch hunt.

Hears my perspective:

She was famous before the whole drugs thing. Yes famous for her music.
    She has a fantastic voice and is a real talent.
    She is ****ed up on drugs and is falling apart in public and is a shadow of what she was performance wise. I wouldnt pay to see her live the state she is in at the moment.

The amount of people posting on here who seem to lap up the whole "celebrity" culture and seem to have hatred for a woman they dont even know is laughable.
    Yup that's pretty much spot on there. She's an easy target for abuse because she's always in the papers and does have presonal problems.
    I don't approve of her behaviour at all, and she does act a bit like a twat. But unlike others I refuse to let that cloud my judgement of her, which is that she's a very talented woman indeed.

If she could perform live now like she did on that Jools Holland vid, I would definitely go see her live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, the performance referred to in the opening post only "verifies" how messed up and unwell she is. Anyone who thinks it verifies lack of talent is a bit stupid.

I agree adox. The gloating at her misfortune here is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

Nobody has to like Amy Winehouse - or any other acclaimed act for that matter - but if you don't happen to be a fan, that does not automatically mean she is untalented.

Advertisement