Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N3 Speed camera being recommisioned

Options
  • 01-07-2008 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

They were rebuilding the speed camera near the Navan Ford centre yesterday on the N3... another one to be careful of !!

If anyone knows the guy who gave it the "burning tyre neclace" the last time could you give them the nod to repeat process again :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I note that that white G-reg (strangely?) van is still parked at the sign too. Disappears at the weekend but is bac by Monday morning. HAS to be a camera van, although I haven't stopped beside it to check (yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bbam wrote: »
    They were rebuilding the speed camera near the Navan Ford centre yesterday on the N3... another one to be careful of !!

If anyone knows the guy who gave it the "burning tyre neclace" the last time could you give them the nod to repeat process again :D

im en-route, er i mean em im just off to the shops:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This near the DUblin side or down near Navan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

random wrote: »
    This near the DUblin side or down near Navan ?

Kells side of Navan, about 3 miles out.. LHS lane if your heading north just after the Navan Ford Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

If they recommission the one near the Trim roundabout a fair few people will be in for a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

listermint wrote: »
    im en-route, er i mean em im just off to the shops:D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bbam wrote: »
    tsk tsk - boards.ie does not condone this disgraceful behaviour!
    Omcd wrote: »
    If they recommission the one near the Trim roundabout a fair few people will be in for a shock.
    Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Burn baby, BURN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

kbannon wrote: »

My heros !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Which one?

There's only one on that stretch isn't there ? South bound, (near the old Fairyhouse Cross) standing at the end of the 100k zone, just across from the large 60k sign informing you that that 60k zone is now legal rather than advisory, that 60k zone which starts halfway through the speed camera grid, just after a 100k bend in the road. Very tricky one, even though I know its there I've had to slow fairly quickly a few times to hit 60 by the sign (something to do withs it proximity to the bend, and also being so used to there not being a 60k speedlimit there before) - never seen the camera flash for traffic that doesn't slow to 60 before the start of zone, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't just a matter of time ! And it's invisible at night until right on it, so it will catch out people who dont know its there if its set operational at 60.

IMO the 60k zone should start before that bend, so you dont have traffic going round it at 100k, otherwise it might not be the speed camera that catches you out, might be the end of the queue for the roundabout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kev_mcevoy_7

AYE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

tsk tsk - boards.ie does not condone this disgraceful behaviour!

Certainly not, tsk tsk for even suggesting such. I'm surprised at you. But hypothetically we can discuss such things.

Hypothetically of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

very hypothelically ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Re; the youtube vid - i think it was good of them to stay with the fire to ensure it it was ok from a health and safety perspective.....very public spirited of em':)

Omcd wrote: »
    There's only one on that stretch isn't there ? South bound, (near the old Fairyhouse Cross) standing at the end of the 100k zone, just across from the large 60k sign informing you that that 60k zone is now legal rather than advisory, that 60k zone which starts halfway through the speed camera grid, just after a 100k bend in the road. Very tricky one, even though I know its there I've had to slow fairly quickly a few times to hit 60 by the sign (something to do withs it proximity to the bend, and also being so used to there not being a 60k speedlimit there before) - never seen the camera flash for traffic that doesn't slow to 60 before the start of zone, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't just a matter of time ! And it's invisible at night until right on it, so it will catch out people who dont know its there if its set operational at 60.

IMO the 60k zone should start before that bend, so you dont have traffic going round it at 100k, otherwise it might not be the speed camera that catches you out, might be the end of the queue for the roundabout...
    I know that one - I just didn't know which roundabout you meant. However with the M3 works there may well be a roundabout there now as its a while since I went up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks like your prayers were answered and the newly recomissioned camera outside Navan on the Kells road was given another firey makeover at the weekend :D

(no it wasn't me! :p)

Advertisement