Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ubuntu 8.04 - ISO Mounting

• 01-07-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Can anyone link me in the direction of a program that will mount an iso in Hardy? I've head you can use code, and I've tried, but to no avail. I've also tried running MagicDisk under WINE but it still wont allow me to mount...

What I'm trying to do is mount a VistaLite ISO so I can install a 32-bit version of VistaUltimate on a seperate partition, as I use software like Reason, Sonar and FLStudio8 for audio production and although most of them work under WINE, the quality is severely deminished, most notably in terms of sound...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Open command window

sudo mkdir /tmp/tmpiso

sudo mount -o loop name.iso /tmp/tmpiso

Easy peasy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TheMelodyOfRain

Bah, I get this:
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
           missing codepage or helper program, or other error
           In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
           dmesg | tail  or so

Would the fact that I'm using an AMD64 version of the distro but I'm not using an AMD64 processor be the culprit?
    Could it be that the iso itself is perhaps corrupt?
    Does it have to be in a specific directory? I've moved it into the home folder and got that message, and when I tried mounting it from a folder on the desktop its said the directory didnt exist...
    Appreciate the help.

Whats the full command your typing out?

No reason by the iso shouldn't mount.

copy the iso to your /tmp

And try the command again as root and include the full path to the iso

mount -o loop /tmp/name.iso /tmp/tmpiso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Try adding -t iso9660 to the command, So it would be:

sudo mkdir /tmp/tmpiso

sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 name.iso /tmp/tmpiso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I'm sure there was a GUI mounting in Add/Remove Programs, just search for ISO or Mount.
    I had it on Ubuntu Hardy but I switched to Linux Mint and it's got different way of installing programs, and I don't remember the name off the top o' me head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You sure the ISO's not corrupt?

If TheElf's command doesn't work, that's what I'd suspect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how do add a locally mounted ISO to the repository ?
    then I could upgrade from a usb flash drive without having to burn a CD

A yum repo?

If you adding to an existing repo

createrepo /path/to/repo/

If your just you using cd then you just need to edit the file

/etc/yum.repos.d/something.repo to point to your cd/usb

then

yum update

Advertisement