Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Touareg

Options
  • 01-07-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

A guy i know picked up a new touareg in the last few weeks. He traded in a 06 model and got a fair few extras as well. Its a 2.5tdi, came in at just under 80k. When i heard he had one on order i asked him had he looked up the co2 emissions (239g/kg). He was completely oblivious to the new rules which come in today. He's going to get a fright when he goes to tax it next year and revenue ask him for 2k. What i'm asking is were dealers being completely honest in the last few months when a customer came in looking to buy a 08 which will be hammered by the new tax bands. I'm pretty sure if the dealer had told him he probably would have opted for something like a 520d instead. I'm sure that even people with a few bob wont want to pay 2k a year tax.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well trick with dealers is to do your own research. Sorry for your mate but by all means he should have done some background with what he was purchasing.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

he wont have to wait till next year to find out either - he'll find out next week if it wasn't registered before today.

And no - the dealers were not being honest - a Ford dealer in March told my buddy that the Mondeo tdi was due to increase in price by about 3 k and €500 the following week because of an internal Ford thing so he'd better buy today - and thats total gibberish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

He's ok, he has a choice of tax systems now. He can stay paying tax on the cc based system or he can choose to go on the C02 based system. This was designed to not penalise people who may have bought low C02 cars in 2008.

So it's no big deal.

Advertisement