Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pop stars share your birthday?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Which pop stars share your birthday

Have you ever done this? Go to www.thisdayinmusic.com and enter your day and month.

And it shows all the birthdays for that day. Here's mine for Jan 17th. Some good ones!
    (I left the bad ones out).

1943, Born on this day, Chris Montez, UK singer, (1962 UK No.2 & US No.4 single 'Let's Dance').

1948, Born on this day, Mick Taylor, guitar, John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, joined The Rolling Stones, in 1969 left in 1974. (1971 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Brown Sugar'). Also worked with Bob Dylan, Mike Oldfield, Jack Bruce and Ron Wood.

1955, Born on this day, Steve Earle, US singer, songwriter, (1988 UK No. 45 single ‘Copperhead Road’, Country and independent No.1 album ‘Trancendental Blues.’ Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, Gretchen Peters, Shawn Colvin and Eddi Reader have all covered his songs).

1956, Born on this day, Paul Young, singer, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Wherever I Lay My Hat, That's My Home', 1985 US No.1 single 'Everytime You Go Away'. The Streetband, (1978 UK No.18 single 'Toast.' Also lead singer with 1980's Q-Tips a soul covers band.

1958, Born on this day, Jez Strode, bass, Kajagoogoo, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Too Shy').

1959, Born on this day, Susanna Hoffs, guitar vocals, The Bangles, (1986 UK No.2 single with Prince song 'Manic Monday', 1986 US No.1 single 'Walk Like An Egyptian').

1960, Born on this day, John Crawford, bass, keyboards, Berlin, (1986 UK & US No.1 single 'Take My Breath Away').

1963, Born on this day, Andy Rourke, bass, The Smiths, (1984 UK No.10 single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', plus 15 other UK Top 40 singles).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Howlin' Wolf,Kellie and Kim Deal,Jimmy Chamberlin .... the only ones worth mentioning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jan 10th is mine.

1945, Born on this day, Rod Stewart, singer, songwriter, The Hoochie Coochie Men, Steampacket, Shotgun Express, Jeff Beck Group, The Faces, (UK No.6 & US No.17 single 'Stay With Me'). Solo, (1971 UK & US No.1 single 'Maggie May', plus five other UK No.1's & over 35 Top 40 hits). His 1971 debut album 'Every Picture Tell's A Story' was the first album ever to simultaneously be No.1 in the UK & US.

1964, Born on this day, Brad Roberts, vocals, guitar, Crash Test Dummies, (1994 UK No.2 & US No.4 single 'MMM MMM MMM MMM').

1979, Born on this day, Chris Smith, Kris Kross, (1992 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Jump'). The duo of Chris Smith and Chris Kelly were 12 and 13 when they recorded the song.

For shame. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

J.C. Bach (composer, JSB's first cousin once removed)
    Joseph Lamb (ragtime composer)
    Dave Brubeck (jazz pianist & composer)
    Nikolaus Harnoncourt (conductor, close enough, worth a mention anyway)
    Henryk Górecki (Polish composer)
    Rick Buckler (drummer for The Jam)
    Peter Buck (guitarist for REM)
    Randy Rhoads (guitarist for Ozzy & Quiet Riot)
    David Lovering (drummer for the Pixies)

and some others I haven't heard of...

Deaths on my birthday include Leadbelly and Roy Orbison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Share my birthday (17 sept ) with Hank Williams

.http://www.nndb.com/people/876/000062690/

Sure there is sombody else more recent in the music world but cant think who

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Paul Gilbert. Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

David Hasslehoff, beat that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Roy Keane, back up to Kajagoogoo!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Bubs101 wrote: »
    David Hasslehoff, beat that

only marginally more odd... marilyn manson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Johnny Logan
    Stevie Wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Eminem & Wyclef Jean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

I've got: Patsy Kline born and Keith Moon taking one pill too many, packing up his sticks and heading off to whatever eternity could cope with that much lunacy in one mere mortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

20th April: Luther Vandross only one of interest!

I also share a birthday with Hitler!:eek::eek:

• Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

25/Feb

Following born on this date:

1943, George Harrison – guitarist and vocalist with The Beatles
    1948, Elkie Brooks
    1957, Stewart Wood, Bay City Rollers
    1957, Dennis Diken, drums, US group, The Smithereens
    1959, Mike Peters – guitarist and vocalist with The Alarm
    1971, Daniel Powter, Canadian singer, songwriter

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sept. 25th - some of the more interesting ones:

1945, Born on this day, Onnie Mcintyre, Average White Band, (1975 US No.1 & UK No.6 single 'Pick Up The Pieces').

1946, Born on this day, Bryan MacLean, guitar, vocals, Love, (1966 US No.33 single '7 And 7 Is', 1968 UK No.24 album 'Forever Changes'). He died of a heart attack on 25th December 1998.

1955, Born on this day, Steve Severin, bass, Siouxsie and the Banshees, (1983 UK No.3 single 'Dear Prudence').

1955, Born on this day, Zucchro, (Adelmo Fornaciari), Italian singer, (1991 UK No. 4 with Paul Young, 'Senza Una Donna').

1968, Born on this day, Will Smith, actor, singer, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, (1993 UK No.1 single 'Boom! Shake The Room'). Solo (1997 UK No.1 single 'Men In Black').

1974, Born on this day, Richie Edwards, bass, The Darkness, replacing Frankie Poullain in June 2005. Edwards had worked as a guitar technician for the band and was also once a member of Onion Trump.

1975, Born on this day, Declan Donnelly, P.J. & Duncan, actor, singer, 1994 UK No.9 single 'Lets Get Ready To Rhumble'). TV presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

My birthday is the 11th of June

1940 - Joey Dee, American musician (Joey Dee and the Starliters)
    1947 - Richard Palmer-James, British lyricist and guitarist (King Crimson and Supertramp)
    1950 - Lynsey De Paul, British singer and songwriter
    1950 - Graham Russell, British guitarist and vocalist (Air Supply)
    1952 - Donnie Van Zant, American rock musician
    1957 - Jamaaladeen Tacuma, American musician
    1965 - Joey Santiago, Filipino guitarist (Pixies)
    1969 - Steven Drozd, American drummer
    1970 - Chris Rice, singer/songwriter
    1985 - Chris Trousdale, American pop singer and dancer
    1986 - Shia LaBeouf, American actor
    1987 - TiA, Japanese R&B singer

There are probably more....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

MC Ren and Tupac.
    I've got a hip hop birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mudbugclub

Thanks for looking at www.thisdayinmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Howlin' Wolf,Kellie and Kim Deal,Jimmy Chamberlin .... the only ones worth mentioning :)
    Nice!! :) I <3 Kim Deal! :D

Anyway mine is December 11th. (I put the singers/bands I've heard of in bold)

1566 - Manuel Cardoso, Portuguese composer
    1680 - Emanuele d'Astorga, Italian composer
    1803 - Hector Berlioz, French composer
    1890 - Carlos Gardel, tango singer
    1908 - Elliott Carter, American composer
    1910 - Noel Rosa, Brazilian songwriter
    1916 - Dámaso Pérez Prado, Cuban-born bandleader
    1922 - Grigoris Bithikotsis, Greek singer
    1926 - Big Mama Thornton, American singer
    1931 - Rita Moreno, Puerto Rican actress/singer
    1938 - Enrico Macias, Algerian-born French singer
    1938 - McCoy Tyner, American jazz pianist
    1940 - David Gates, American musician (Bread)
    1944 - Jon Garrison, American tenor
    1944 - Brenda Lee, American singer
    1948 - Stamatis Spanoudakis, Greek composer
    1954 - Jermaine Jackson, American singer
    1958 - Nikki Sixx, American musician (Mötley Crüe)
    1960 - Rachel Portman, English film composer
    1962 - Paul Haslinger, Austrian-born composer
    1962 - Nele Karajlić, Bosnian singer
    1963 - Jon Brion, American musician/record producer
    1964 - David Schools, American musician (Widespread Panic)
    1964 - Cosy Sheridan, American singer
    1966 - Leon Lai, Cantonese singer/actor
    1967 - DJ Yella, American DJ and music producer (N.W.A)
    1973 - Mos Def, American rapper and actor
    1981 - Zacky Vengeance, American musician (Avenged Sevenfold)
    1983 - Yoh Miyamori, Japanese Musician (Orange Range)
    1987 - Natalia Gordienko, Moldovan singer and dancer
    1993 - Gina Miele, American singer and actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Dave Grohl - January 14th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

1934, Born on this day, US singer Johnny Burnette, (1961 UK No.3 & US No.8 single 'Your Sixteen'). He was killed in a boating accident on Clear Lake, California on 1st August 1964 aged 30.

1938, Born on this day, Hoyt Axton, US singer/songwriter and actor who wrote songs for Elvis Presley, Three Dog Night, John Denver, Ringo Starr and Glen Campbell. Had his own hits with ‘When The Morning Comes’ and ‘Flash Of Fire’. Acting roles included Bionic Woman and McCloud. Axton died of a heart attack on October 10th 1999, aged 61.

1942, Born on this day, Aretha Franklin, The Queen of Soul, (1967 US No.1 & UK No.10 single 'Respect, 1968 UK No.4 single 'I Say A Little Prayer' & 1987 UK No.1 single with George Michael 'I Knew You Were Waiting', plus over 15 other UK Top 40 hits).

1947, Born on this day, Jack Hall, Charlie Daniels Band, (1979 US No.3 & UK No.14 single 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia').

1947, Born on this day, Elton John, singer, songwriter, pianist, (Reginald Dwight), 1971 UK No.7 single 'Your Song', 1973 US No.1 single 'Crocodile Rock' seven other US No.1's. Biggest selling single of all time with 1997 'Candle In The Wind 97', plus over 50 UK Top 40 hit singles. Sold over 150m records worldwide. He auditioned for prog-rock band King Crimson. Elton and Bernie Taupin wrote 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' under the pseudonyms Ann Orson and Carte Blanche. Some of the aliases Sir Elton has used checking into hotels include, Prince Fooboo, Sir Humphrey Handbag, Lillian Lollipop, Lord Choc Ice, Lord Elpus, Binky Poodleclip and Sir Henry Poodle. Elton John’s official nickname is Rocket Man - but Rod Stewart calls him Sharon.

1947, Born on this day, Duncan Browne, UK singer, songwriter, (1972 UK No.23 single 'Journey'). Browne died on 28th May 1993.

1949, Born on this day, Neil Jones, Amen Corner, (1969 UK No.1 single 'If Paradise Is Half As Nice', plus five other UK Top 40 hits).

1949, Born on this day, Nick Lowe, Brinsley Schwarz, Rockpile, singer, songwriter, producer and solo artist, (1978 UK No.7 single 'I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass' and 1979 UK No.12 single 'Cruel To Be Kind').

1951, Born on this day, Maisie Williams, Boney M, (1978 UK No.1 & US No.30 single 'Rivers of Babylon').

1960, Born on this day, Steve Norman, guitar, sax, Spandau Ballet, (1983 UK No.1 & US No.4 single 'True', plus 16 other UK Top 40 singles).

1966, Born on this day, Canadian guitarist, singer, Jeff Healey, blind from the age of one. Played the guitar on his lap. Healey died of cancer on March 2nd 2008.

Quite proud of the highlighted one. No so proud of Elton John though... :(

But, one thing I'm very proud about, isn't birthday related, but my birthday was on the same day 'the Happy Mondays Party' happened at the Manchester G-MEX in 1990!!! Yes!! Get in!!! :D
    I always said I was a Mondays fan for a reason!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The ones worth mentioning...for Jan 20th

1950, Born on this day, Paul Stanley, guitar, vocals, Kiss, (1974 US No.5 single 'On And On', 1976 US No 11 album 'Rock and Roll Over' spent 26 weeks on the chart. 1987 UK No.4 single 'Crazy Crazy Nights').

1952, Born on this day, Ian Hill, bass, Judas Priest, (1980 UK No.12 single 'Living After Midnight', 1980 UK No.4 album 'British Steel').

1979, Born on this day, Rob Bourdon, drums, Linkin Park, (2002 US No.2 & UK No.4 single 'In The End', 2002 US No.2 & 2001 UK No.4 album 'Hybrid Theory').

i'm sure as hell not gonna bother listing the "achievements" of Heather Small and Gary Barlow...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

master of nothing u also share with gary barlow from take that i know this cos its my friends b-day too and mine is a week later yhe 27th and share wit mark owen from take that we were the envy of everyone in school years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

oh only saw ur bit about gary barlow at the end now??? ok so ur not impressed???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

oh only saw ur bit about gary barlow at the end now??? ok so ur not impressed???
    I'm gonna have to say no on that, i dont rate him as much of a musician so he ain't worthy of a proper mention :)

But i WILL say your friend has a cool birthday date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Jelly Roll Morton, Tom Petty and Mark King of Level 42

It's also the anniversary of the plane crash that wiped out Lynyrd Skynyrd :(

Advertisement