Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes not showing an error

• 01-07-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

hey all,

I'm trying to add a file to iTunes.no errors appear on screen but the file does not appear in my library. Does iTunes produce an error log or how would I go about tracking down what the real problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

What file format? Video or audio? How are you adding it: dragging and dropping or using the option in the File menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

ethernet wrote: »
    What file format? Video or audio? How are you adding it: dragging and dropping or using the option in the File menu?

its an mp3. I've tried both import and add file to library from the menu. I've also tried drag and drop. I've even opened the iTunes library XML file to see if its listed under another name but its not in the library for sure. The file works in other apps - wmp,QuickTime , vlc , etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Odd. Is it tagged (the meta information filled in, like artist, album and the like)? Going out on a limb here, but perhaps the file is using some form of tagging iTunes doesn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

ethernet wrote: »
    Odd. Is it tagged (the meta information filled in, like artist, album and the like)? Going out on a limb here, but perhaps the file is using some form of tagging iTunes doesn't like.

yup its tagged. I tried removing the tag info with other apps but no joy. Very frustrating that there is no error message or even an entry in the windows error log.

Advertisement