Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarship to the US; but will I get a student loan??

Options
  • 01-07-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I've just received a small scholarship to the US.

However, after working full time for 4 years (since I was 19), all of a sudden my family aren't impressed that I'm moving away. They were originally delighted that I decided to go to college, and especially when I found out I was eligible for a scholarship.

My mother and I are supposed to go talk to student loan lenders this week, but I'm seriously beginning to doubt whether she'll co-sign. I spoke to someone in AIB and she said that usually they have no problem giving out student money and as I'll need E15K (accommodation, flights, books, and the rest of the tuition not covered by the scholarship), she said it will be fine once it's co-signed.

Only one of my friends is genuinely delighted for me. I got a good Leaving Cert 5 years ago, and I've never used it. Do any of ye know if my friend can co-sign for me instead or does it have to be a family member?

Comments

Advertisement