Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard practice or baloney?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

A few years ago we moved from a small office which had a single Eircom PSTN line, to a new office in which we had BT install a small PBX off a single PRI. We had the Eircom number migrated to a DDI of the PRI. So we no longer were a customer of any sort of Eircom.

We no longer want to use the old Eircom number and raised a number cease request with them. They said they cannot cease the number. What they want us to do is:

Order a new line
    When the new line is up and running
    Fill out a migration form
    And then do a number swap.

I was just wondering if this is standard, or if it is just a lack of will on their part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

shayser wrote: »
    So we no longer were a customer of any sort of Eircom.

I would imagine they are right.. its not their number so they cant kill it.. Your a BT cuatomer now they should be able to kill it..In the mean time direct the ddi to a non existant extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

You are right. It's actually BT who are saying that they can't/won't kill the number. It is they are requesting we order a new line and everything else. My apologies to Eircom. I directed the number to a non-existent ext. but this just gives the busy tone. Deleting the number from the Incoming Call Route also give the busy tone/display. Don't want this. Don't want to set up a message either. Just want the number killed and not hitting our exchange and (if BT want) have the generic "this number is not in service, please check the number.....", or what ever it is, standard message.

Advertisement