Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any advanced motorists here?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of the motors heads are members of the IAM?

What's involved in getting certified, a test obviously but is it much different to a driving test?

What are the advantages? I would presume it's mainly reduced insurance but are there any other benefits.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

By merely gracing this board with your presence, you can become an advanced motorist!

I'm not, to answer your question, but I'm sure the insurance goes down. If you want to be a driving instructor, you have to go through the IAM as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There was a thread on this recently, i'll see if I can dig it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers Anan1, it was actually a comment from you in another thread that got me looking but there doesn't seem to be an Irish website.

Mods, I'm done with this. Question answered with the precision and efficiency that is so often present nowhere on the Motors forum. :P

Advertisement