Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you get that hat?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

As the song goes....

Where did you get that hat
    Where did you get that tile
    Isn't it a nobby one
    And just the proper style
    I should like to have one
    Just the same as that
    Wherever I go they'd shout "Hello"
    Where did you get that hat

So... Where did you get your hat? It's certainly not easy getting a decent hat in this day and age in Ireland. The are only two dedicated hat shops in Dublin as far as I know... One is well stocked but only does ladies hats. And the other is the one in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre which is tiny and for some reason they always make feel uncomfortable when ever I go in there. But they do have some bowler hats in there and I am considering getting one of them.

Anyone know of anywhere else with a good selection?

I got my current trilby in Boyers on North Earl Street. They have a very small selection of hats, but sometimes get some very nice Trilbys in stock.
    Tagged:

Comments

I use Stephens Green myself. Miss Coyles of Aungier St. though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's a shop that sells hats on Nassau street.

I was going to get a tweed one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Fortunatley there are loads of places that sell Hats over here, I only go for Akubra's tho, and I generaly get them in either RM WIlliams shops or Greg Grants, both what you would call bush outfitters.

seriously folks ditch the trilby and get a hat with a decent sized brim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Anywhere online that anyone has any experience with ?

I've only got a trilby at the minute (drunk purchase) and want to expand my collection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

http://www.elmofburford.com/

these boys seem to stock RM gear and Akubras, and they are in england so they might do online ordering to Ireland

otherwise try

www.Akubra.com.au

hat wise they're an Aussie Icon

I have 2 of their hats

A Cattleman
    &
    A Territory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sweet ill take a gander. Thanks. Very apt username for the forum by the way :D

Advertisement