Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tummy query!

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Does anyone start the day with a flat enough tummy but by night time it is about 4 times bigger and hard to the touch!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Story of my life...

Not hard to touch though, just a whole lot bigger:D

I say get it seen too...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ah yeah, sure isn't it full if food by that time! You're even supposed to weigh yourself in the morning to get your actual weight. You could be bloated? Too much carbs or refined carbs (white bread/pasta). Could be a wheat intolerance either. I say get it seen to also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Could be wheat intolerace. Visit your GP, who will refer you to a nutritionalist if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Try giving up eating anything with yeast in it. Sorted it for me, big time. Lots of problems sorted just by giving it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ok you might be grossed out by this but if its an issue for you and you care about your health, id suggest going for a colonic, look into it it's not as unnatural as people think and afterwards they'll tell you from what they find what you should eat more of or stay away from, makes sense really, best of look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What are you all waffling about!?! Everyones stomach is going to be bigger at night and less "big" in the morning! It's only natural sure you've been eating all day.

"I'd suggest going to your local GP OP" etc. etc.

No no NO!! God... women! :rolleyes:

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    What are you all waffling about!?! Everyones stomach is going to be bigger at night and less "big" in the morning! It's only natural sure you've been eating all day.

"I'd suggest going to your local GP OP" etc. etc.

No no NO!! God... women! :rolleyes:

Ah yes. But she said it hurts..

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ah yes. But she said it hurts..

Huh? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Huh? Where?

What do you think hard to touch means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

There should only be one thing that gets four times bigger and is hard to touch and it shouldn't be a stomach

• Advertisement

Huh? Where?

Its not uncommon for a woman to get a bit bloated and feel a little uncomfortable. But it shouldnt hurt. The poster said it hurts to touch her stomach, thats worth a GP visit. Wouldn't you think?

Its not uncommon for a woman to get a bit bloated and feel a little uncomfortable. But it shouldnt hurt. The poster said it hurts to touch her stomach, thats worth a GP visit. Wouldn't you think?

Davei141 wrote: »
    What do you think hard to touch means?

Erm, well I would have read that as hard to touch as in her stomach feels "hards" i.e bricks...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Whenever Pighead reads a Cheeky_gal post his poor wee head is sore to the touch. Will eating less wheat help poor Pigheads throbbing cranium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Hard to the touch = not normal.

Pighead wrote: »
    Whenever Pighead reads a Cheeky_gal post his poor wee head is sore to the touch. Will eating less wheat help poor Pigheads throbbing cranium?

Heres a cure Pighead.... Go f*ck a holly tree!! :D :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

is that not just a natural thing, like ur lyin gon ur back, and you muscles relax around your nearly empty stomach, so its flat, and then all day ur sitting and eating, so streching ur stomach muscles, so when they relax in the evening they just kinda hang out?? make sense?

Pigheads shocked and disgusted with your vulgarity and profanities. You're not a Cheeky_gal you're a Vulgar_gal. Pighead knows cheeky when he sees it. Cheeky is your loved one or mother pulling away your towel as you walk down to your room having just had a warm refreshing shower.

Cheeky is asking a stranger on the street what time it is and him retorting whilst chuckling "Time you got a watch" Cheeky is happy go lucky and carefree. Go f*ch a holly tree is none of the above. Change your name and change your attitude Vulgar_gal.:mad:

Pigheads shocked and disgusted with your vulgarity and profanities. You're not a Cheeky_gal you're a Vulgar_gal. Pighead knows cheeky when he sees it. Cheeky is your loved one or mother pulling away your towel as you walk down to your room having just had a warm refreshing shower.

Cheeky is asking a stranger on the street what time it is and him retorting whilst chuckling "Time you got a watch" Cheeky is happy go lucky and carefree. Go f*ch a holly tree is none of the above. Change your name and change your attitude Vulgar_gal.:mad:

I disgust myself... :(

Apologies... ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Whatever you do don't go for colonic, not at least until you talk to your Doc, I got quite ill last year and someone suggested a colonic, thankfully I went to the Doc first and got referred on, as a colonic could have caused serious damage.
    AFAIK anyone administering a colonic can do so without medical training, and tbh if someones going to be shoving a load of soapy water into my colon I'd hope they'd be somewhat medically trained.

Erm, well I would have read that as hard to touch as in her stomach feels "hards" i.e bricks...

Cheeky, I read the OP's post and it does say 'hard' rather than painful. I think by reading other posters comments I mistakenly assumed without looking back that the OP used the word also. Either way she can clarify it in the morning, but I'd say it is quite painful if her stomach feels stiff :/

Pighead.. I couldnt help but notice your throbbing cranium..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cheeky, you're letting down the northside. :mad:

Pighead.. I couldnt help but notice your throbbing cranium..
    Pighead thought he heard somebody rustling around outside in the bushes alright. Anyway party's over babe. Curtains have been closed. Pigheads here all week if thats any consolation.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Cheeky, you're letting down the northside. :mad:

We must stick together!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Cut out dairy, wheat and fizzy drinks. Do, however, try and eat natural yoghurt. Try taking fibre supplements to 'get things moving'.

You might have mild Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). I have this and bloating is one of the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

We must stick together!!!!!

Are you two actually the same person????

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Are you two actually the same person????

haha sorry love you've lost me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

haha sorry love you've lost me!

Yourself and Pig-person - its like ying and yang

:)

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Yourself and Pig-person - its like ying and yang

:)

Haha

Tis true! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There should only be one thing that gets four times bigger and is hard to touch and it shouldn't be a stomach
    A home-made ice lolly right? Frozen things expand... right?

But seriously, that has always happened to me, including the "hardness" which is better than wobbliness. Some of us are just more prone to bloating than others, and it could also be fluid retention. Caffeine and salt contribute to that so cut down on those two. And yes, it could be a yeast/wheat intolerance - something which I have in mild doses.

It's not a big deal.

• Advertisement

Pigheads here all week if thats any consolation.

I'll look forward to that.

Advertisement