Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet - Dropping Today

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody a customer of UTV Internet and noticed a lot of connection dropping and long re-connection waits? Waiting for Tech Support to answer but based on past experience with UTV that could be a fair long wait!

Its been very sluggish over the last few days, driving me insane!

Using two PCs - one on wireless, one over ethernet. Both have the same problem. Always had problems with UTV but thankfully its been quiet for a good few months now with only the odd problem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

I've noticed the same thing, went crap around Friday. Anyway, I've had an Eircon guy out to check the line and he said it was OK, but UTV ran a line test and it came back as Undeliverable, what ever that means, the UTV guy wasn't too sure either lol.

A mate of mine has wireless (Digiweb or summit) and he's noticed a drop in quality too!

Edit: I'm in Westmeath...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well I finally got through to UTV, and they said im the first report of problems. We disconnected the phone on the line and connection came back so we are gonna have to assume thats the problem. :)

Advertisement