Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK site for used / second hand cars

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hey,

Apart from autotrader.co.uk are there any other good sites for UK cars? Does autotrader.co.uk operate in the same way as carzone? (Adds a little extra?)

Is there a "buyandsell" styled :) UK site?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

ps, usedcarsni.com is a joke, I've seen the same cars there on autotrader.co.uk with an additional 2k added on....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

www.ebay.co.uk can also be very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I still find the Autotrader the best of them in the UK. Particularly for anything slightly newer. (i.e. less that 3 years old)

ebay.co.uk is probably the second best. It wouldn't have as many newer cars than the Autotrader, although it is catching up in that regard. It would have an awful lot of older cars though.

http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk used to be like the UK BuyandSell, but it seems to be trying to class itself up a bit these days. I never liked the site and have never used it much.

Of the three sites above, you will find a large percentage of crossover. i.e. If you search for a particular car on them and sort by price, you will find 7 or 8 cars in the top ten common between all three sites.

pistonheads.co.uk is a great site for looking at cars if....well you're a piston head...!!!! It's not the place to go to find a good Ford Mondeo or a Renault Grande Espace. But if you're looking for something nice (and not necessairly expensive) then it is a great place to go.

Another place to try is cargiant.co.uk. They are one (possible number 1) biggest car supermarkets in the Uk. From reports here, they seem to be pretty straight to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've dealt with Motorpoint.co.uk, a great place for early new cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement