Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Tour de France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BH2008

Hey all, entered fantasy TDF as Lanterne rouge...after months of browsing the cycling forum I've finally signed up to boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

BH2008 wrote: »
    Hey all, entered fantasy TDF as Lanterne rouge...after months of browsing the cycling forum I've finally signed up to boards!!

Good man, and welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Les Terribles CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

AndyP wrote: »
    Les Terribles CC

Accepted :)

Please note: Teams recently added to this league may have to wait up to 2 hours to appear. Also, only submitted teams will appear in the league once teams start scoring points.

So I guess from tomorrow, we should be seeing all the teams up.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

just joined up - Wheres me sadde!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Lads and lassies as Tiny said in the past be careful who's on your teams. I don't think Barloworld are in this years Tour and a few have chosen their riders, e.g. Pedros Delgados. Also I don't think Zabel is in it this year either, isn't he with Astana now?

BTW anyone see the US Olympic Road team. Wooo Weee that's one heck of a strong team, all ace riders in the pro tour. Also see that Confidis ain't going to renew their Pro Tour Licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

no Barloworld,
    awwww crap,
    thats me back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BH2008

Hi Hungrycol, I'm pretty sure Barloworld are in the tour this year and that Zabel is still with Milram.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tourdefrance/Tour_de_France_2008_Teams__riders_article_262241.html

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

ya Barloworld are in, but i did have one cyclist picked who had a red line drawn over him. He wasnt starting the TdF, so I swapped him out.
    Its a quick visual way to see if you have a proper team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

BH2008 wrote: »
    Hi Hungrycol, I'm pretty sure Barloworld are in the tour this year and that Zabel is still with Milram.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tourdefrance/Tour_de_France_2008_Teams__riders_article_262241.html

Sorry :o List I was looking at didn't have Barloworld.

I looked too quickly at the last picture I saw of Zabel and saw he was wearing blue... assumed Astana... Oops I did it again... :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ob wrote: »
    That's me, never thought I'd be ever be called a Directeur Sportif!

I love that myself, love it I tells you. I am going to drive around with my head out of a car window for the next 3 weeks shouting encouragement to cyclists. Watch out now.

I need to get a Tour style horn installed on the car as well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Lads and lassies as Tiny said in the past be careful who's on your teams. I don't think Barloworld are in this years Tour and a few have chosen their riders, e.g. Pedros Delgados. Also I don't think Zabel is in it this year either, isn't he with Astana now?

Thanks for the heads up dude. I had a double check and the guys are in there from what I can see, but I appreciate you checking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

just watching eursport now ,start of the tour,i met sean kelly bout 4 weeks ago he told me to back valverde heavily to win the tour so i did this morn!hopefully he can win and i can win d fantasy boars league also!!!!!

my team le mondes degenerates!

"its always good to see a bit of brest this time of the morning"the anchor mans quote from eurosport this morn when the helicam came on!:)he was waiting all summer for that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

anyone no where i can watch in online in English. My irish is muck so TG4 is limited to pictures only

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

http://player.eurosport.co.uk/
    you can watch eurosport online, its a fiver for a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

paddyb wrote: »
    http://player.eurosport.co.uk/
    you can watch eurosport online, its a fiver for a month

or free at http://www.tg4.tv/

Liggett and Sherwen

I used to watch it off France2.fr but they restricted access to Non french speaking countries IPs ... B*lls!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Fion_McCool

TG4 are not showing the tour online as they advertised, instead we have tennis from Wimbleton ! :mad:

But you can also watch free online with reasonable picture quality on Danish Sputnik TV here [URL="mms://80.160.76.117/tv2sputnik3"]mms://80.160.76.117/tv2sputnik3 [/URL]

While simultaneously listening to the Eurosport english commentary with Sean Kelly at http://eurosport.yahoo.com/audioplayer.html

;)

• Advertisement

TG4 are not showing the tour online as they advertised, instead we have tennis from Wimbleton ! :mad:

Ehhh no, they are showing it. I am watching it right now on TG4 online!! And also watching the tennis at the same time, on the same site and on the same laptop. Doesn't get much better than that!

The cycling is the second link in the right hand side menu.

tricky D wrote: »

Ehhh no, they are showing it. I am watching it right now on TG4 online!! And also watching the tennis at the same time, on the same site and on the same laptop. Doesn't get much better than that!

The cycling is the second link in the right hand side menu.

Hehe Women in shorts skirts and Men in tights all at once.

Yes, TG4.tv is your best bet to watch it from work, with the eurosport live commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

I entered: Team GoGadgetGo

Aiming for the upper echelons of mediocrioty
    (I hadn't the slightest clue who to pick, I just
    went by the cost of each rider and who I could afford
    after that).

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Thanks all got it on TG4 website. Liggett and Sherwin are class.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

drogdub wrote: »

I never thought I'd see that, I used to hate them on C4. Eurosport is the only way for me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

drogdub wrote: »

I reckon the TG4 commentators will take over from Monday after the tennis is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I applied to join the league.Please accept

titan18 wrote: »
    I applied to join the league.Please accept
    u're in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Team US Postana Channel.. well, USPS/Disco/Astana ARE the same team right? :D

Please accept! ;)

• Advertisement

Team US Postana Channel.. well, USPS/Disco/Astana ARE the same team right? :D

Please accept! ;)
    Accepted too :D

I am enjoying the power...muahahaha

Advertisement