Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm+Immobiliser Suggestions

Options
  • 01-07-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just after getting my first car (!!!) and I'm looking for an alarm+immobiliser. Can anyone make any suggestions? I'm in Limerick so I'd also be looking at someone to install it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

helios wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm just after getting my first car (!!!) and I'm looking for an alarm+immobiliser. Can anyone make any suggestions? I'm in Limerick so I'd also be looking at someone to install it...
    What make of car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tony71187

got a clifford laser alarm and its perfect. would recomend it to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

What make of car?

'05 Opel Corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

helios wrote: »
    '05 Opel Corsa
    An '05 Corsa has a factory fitted immobiliser. It also has deadlocking fitted as standard. Personally, if it was my car I wouldn't bother with an alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

crosstownk wrote: »
    An '05 Corsa has a factory fitted immobiliser. It also has deadlocking fitted as standard. Personally, if it was my car I wouldn't bother with an alarm.

Interesting... is there any way of checking, other than trying to 'jack the car? In line with looking for an alarm, do insurers generally give lower rates if the car is fitted with an alarm and/or immobilizer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The only way to check is to get a key copied (not coded) in a locksmiths - it will open the car but won't start it.

No idea about insurance, sorry - but I'm sure others will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tony71187

ya i think it would lower your insurance slightly if your living in a high risk area but if the car was stolen and later discovered with no alarm tampering which means u forgot to turn on the alarm, it could be used against you when claiming
    not 100% sure though....

Advertisement