Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra engine wanted

Options
  • 01-07-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Looking for a jap import 98spec integra type r engine, gearbox, wiring loom+ecu if anyone has one or a crashed integra 98-00 for parts I may take whole car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Power6000

Thanks Tenzor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thats no good to me so as its a jap version b18c engine I need

Power6000 wrote: »
    Thats no good to me so as its a jap version b18c engine I need

there virtually identical all you'd need to source seperately is a jap ecu and a exhaust manifold

• Advertisement

The jap spec one uses the civic type r intake cam so the internals is abit different also hence why they coded the two engines different e.g UKITR b18c6 and I believe the jap one is b18c4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Traynors breaker yard up north perhaps??

Tried them already buddy

The jap spec one uses the civic type r intake cam so the internals is abit different also hence why they coded the two engines different e.g UKITR b18c6 and I believe the jap one is b18c4

each area's engine have different codes

UKDM - b18c6
    USDM - b18c5
    JDM - b18c4

but there all identical internally, the only difference in Teg Type R engines is from the 96 to the the 98 spec

join http://www.itr-dc2.com and do a search
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Traynors breaker yard up north perhaps??

there useless unfortunately!

So if I bought a 98spec UK ITR or do they even have a 98spec like the jap? and run it on the jap ecu and use the jap 4-1 header will I get the 200bhp as claimed by the jap version?

• Advertisement

So if I bought a 98spec UK ITR or do they even have a 98spec like the jap? and run it on the jap ecu and use the jap 4-1 header will I get the 200bhp as claimed by the jap version?

yeh only differences is the ecu and the header, the uk ecu is programmed to be less agressive and the header is more restrictive as it has a 2.25 diameter compared to the jap spec 2.5 and you'll need a jap cat or decat and exhaust system. you may have some trouble wiring the jap loom up i'm not sure on that one

See im swapping this into my EK9 civic type r, its meant to be a straight swap the loom is the same etc. except the ecu so really id probably want a jap version just to be sure

See im swapping this into my EK9 civic type r, its meant to be a straight swap the loom is the same etc. except the ecu so really id probably want a jap version just to be sure

If your civic is jap then getting a jap engine and ecu would probably be best, getting a UK gearbox mated to the jap engine is the best all round as you get the final drive that came with the ukdm and the little bit of extra power that comes with the jap engine

At 60mph what revs would you be at with the uk itr gearbox? I was thinking about keeping my s4c gearbox that came in the type r as its fitted with a spoon 1.5lsd and doesnt seem to be any sync damage either

i hit 60 spot on the limiter in 2nd gear , at normal driving in 5th gear its around 3.5 - 4k i think

Advertisement