Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stairville lights from thomann

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm using the Stairville HL-40 lights from Thomann at the moment and when I use two of them with the stairville footmaster 1 everything is fine and the lights do what they are supposed to, but when I link on a furhter two everything goes a skew. Is it something to do with the controller or is it DMX addresses which I have no clue about. Any ideas appreciated:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

From my limited knowledge I'd say its the dmx address that are not matching up. Try config the dip swtiches on the light to match up with the DMX channels. There should be a address guide for it in the manual of the lights/controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Match up the DMX address of the lights to receive on the corresponding channels on the desk. That's about it really.

Thomann site says that light takes 4 DMX channels, so if you want both lights doing exactly same thing then set both to the same DMX address by using the DIP-switch. If you want both lights doing different things and want control over each separately, that'll take up 8 dmx channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

:confused:Thanks Guys.Another maybe stupid question, but is there a difference between DMX cables and standard mic cables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hardcore Lampies will tell you not to use Mic cable for DMX purposes. But it'll work in a pinch, you might get random errors but it could be negligible for your needs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX512-A
    Knowledge is power ;)

Advertisement