Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me remember the name of an old game...

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Right, its old. As in retro 16 colours style.

There were 5 or 6 rows of blocks along the top of the screen which you had to hit with a ball that was directed by a paddle along the bottom of the screen controlled by the player. The aim was to remove all the blocks from the screen.

It may have been called Blocks or Bricks or something like that but I'm not certain.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Breakout (or a billion other names that the clones use)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sounds like Breakout or Arkanoid to me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It was called "Concentration camp." It was invented by German military theorists to train the minds of the armoured divisions to the finer points of blitzkrieg warfare. It was written in Java and programmed on a stolen English enigma running Windows '95 with no valid product key.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It was called "Concentration camp." It was invented by German military theorists to train the minds of the armoured divisions to the finer points of blitzkrieg warfare. It was written in Java and programmed on a stolen English enigma running Windows '95 with no valid product key.

Ah thats a load of Bollocko!

Or at least that's what we want you to believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Cool. Thanks guys. I must've played one've the clones cause the name doesn't ring a bell. Checked the screenshots though and thats definitely it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

they dont make movies like that anymore :'(

Advertisement