Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Crossfire Bridges

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Bit of an odd one here but has anyone seen any "long" crossfire bridges for sale anywhere? Bought myself two 4850s last week to run a crossfire setup, unfortunately one of the PCI E slots on my motherboard appears to be throwing a tantrum and refuses to recognise one of my cards. Not a problem I can shift it to another PCI E slot and the system recognises it ok, but as luck would have it the standard crossfire bridges (73mm) are too short to connect my cards.

So i'm reduced to just one 4850. I could RMA the motherboard but frankly the thought of stripping down the PC I've just built and waiting a few weeks for a new motherboard isn't too appealing. So i'm on the hunt for some long crossfire bridges. They do exist - i've seen pictures of them in use and been told that apparently Asus and MSI make em, but for the life of me I can't find any for sale online. I'll drop a mail to the retailer and the manufacturer as well but if anyone knows anywhere that sells em I'd be highly appreciative and you'd be welcome to my two existing crossfire bridges if they're any use to you!

Cheers,
    Ken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Just so we know what moterboard are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Oh an Asus p5Q Deluxe - a P45 chipset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I got a 4850 and there was no bridge in the box, they mustn't have packaged it correctly, ordered one from amazon.co.uk, they only had one and it was the regular size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd say your better off returning the board.

Advertisement