Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese LC Req. Kanji

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi!

Just wondering if there's anywhere (or anyone) where it would be easy enough to get a translation of the required Kanji as the appear in the LC Syllabus?

Would be a great help as I am (probably very stupidly) trying to teach myself the course so I can take the '09 exam...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Here's a link to the syllabus: http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_japanese_sy.pdf?language=EN

The list of required kanji are in an appendix.

As well as being able to read and understand the kanji individually, you will have to understand their meanings and readings when used alongside other kanji in compound words.

I'm not exactly sure, but they appear very similar to the first couple of Japanese school grade Kanji. Tuttle publish a decent kanji book called 'A Guide to Reading and Writing Japanese' which breaks all ~2000 kanji down by school grade, and gives all the readings, meanings and stroke orders. You could start there, if you're serious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I appreciate that, thank you! Luckily I got paid today so I can afford lots of unusual books to help me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Hi!

Just wondering if there's anywhere (or anyone) where it would be easy enough to get a translation of the required Kanji as the appear in the LC Syllabus?

Would be a great help as I am (probably very stupidly) trying to teach myself the course so I can take the '09 exam...

As I mentioned in another thread, the book "Nihongo Kantan" by Ursula Zimmerman is the only LC Japanese textbook available, and it covers all the required Kanji. http://www.authentik.ie/japan_nihongo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Thank you - I did read the other posts but it does tend to go in one eye and out the other (oh dear)! Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

The "Kanji Box" application on Facebook has a pretty good quiz for learning Kanji. You can set it according to your JLPT level. Level 4 is about the same as the LC...
    頑張って!

• Advertisement
Advertisement