Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The hunt for the VW T2 Minivan...Help Needed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Mad!!Maybe we should turn this into the "how many versions of the type2 can we post up!!":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

VW T3 cabriolet:

59126.jpg

and this is how it was "made":
    59127.jpg

Ah stop,im on the floor here man:D:D:D!!!Classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

peasant wrote: »
    VW T3 cabriolet:

59126.jpg

and this is how it was "made":
    59127.jpg

How the hell did he not notice the wing of a plane in front of him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Subtle modifications, see if you can spot them -

scan0064.jpg

392071.jpg

435403.jpg

And the classic 'Camel tow' ;)

cameltow.jpg

• Advertisement

Brilliant lads,keep em coming!!!
    Some people have too much free time,what the hell is this??!!:D
    scan0064.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have a friend that has a t3 for sale in dublin - been sitting in the driveway, engine is in perfect nick but its definitely a restoration project.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

belt up a picture donnacha

and we'll see what its worth

think i was confused on the model - just did some googling there and pretty sure this is the type - the t 25 kamper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It wouldn't be this "iconic motorhome" from carzone :D

CB4_983249_3_148319.jpg
    CB4_983249_2_148318.jpg

Yours for the princely sum of 3700 Euro :eek:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Transporter/motorhome/983249/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

donnacha wrote: »
    think i was confused on the model - just did some googling there and pretty sure this is the type - the t 25 kamper

Also known as, or perhaps more correctly known as, the T3....so you *were* right the first time...and the second time too :D:D:D

so the lad is looking for a camper

can you,the op,tell us which one you want and we'll have a look around

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ehh, T25 (Or T3 in Ireland and the UK) is really not to my liking. Ugly piece of sh1t IMO.

BTW, yes it'll probably be a "camper" but I dont care what condition all the camping furnishings are in, I'll be ripping them out for a an L shaped lounge anyways.

I'm in france atm and the day before yesterday we were parked in front of one, a lovely classic yellow T2. Slight damage to one door but bar that it was in very good nick. Very little visable damage. Also, insurance is up at the end of the month so if they were gonna sell now would be perfect time. I'm gonna call in next week and ask if they're willing to part with it. My dad rekons it hasn't been moved in a while...Pity about transition year, I've forggotten my small amount of french:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

You'd want to be out of your mind to pay €3,700 for that heap of shít! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CB4_983249_3_148319.jpg
    CB4_983249_2_148318.jpg

You would want to take an account with Davids with that thing.:eek:

have to admit myself that the older models are a heck of a lot prettier - so can understand the lack of interest in the t25. my mates one is in a heck of a better state than that orange thing - though it does have rust and has been sitting in his parents driveway for a year doing nothing. motor still runs fine - he reckons he wants €2k for it ... would that be reasonable do you think before he goes posting on the car sites.

On the eirecooloed site...
    T2_6.jpg
    You have to wonder why go to all that bother!!!

Another...
    2102416822_83f43beffc.jpg
    And another one on the trailer theme..
    2102536176_c8e45a3ec3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you really want to see all of them in one go have a look at the epic 'abortions' thread on thesamba.com -

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149769

Thanks for that justin!!Has to be said though-good god,am i tripping out.....What the hell is this!!!
    88071.jpg 750){ this.height = Math.round((750/this.width)*this.height); this.width = 750; }" border=0>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think this thread is beginning to turn into a hall of shame.[URL="http://"][/URL]
    you could be right,but what harm,its quite funny,and i for one are enjoying it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Right now, despite the blisters on my shoulders(Smart people wear suncream), I'm smiling. The aforementioned T2. Its for sale and the owner is back tonight(says a neighbour). I have left a note with contact details so hopefully it'll be reasonalby priced. And gues what, 2mins around the corner there was another one! In the small town of Lacanau near Bordeaux I wander into two, they aren't as rare as I thought. I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, if I can get the pics off my phone I'll post em but I forgot the cable :P

More funny pics please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think this thread is beginning to turn into a hall of shame. :eek:

2225016578_803632e229.jpg?v=0

.............reckon he might have trouble starting, what with all that snow around !! :p

MercMad wrote: »
    I think this thread is beginning to turn into a hall of shame. :eek:

2225016578_803632e229.jpg?v=0

.............reckon he might have trouble starting, what with all that snow around !! :p

it definatley won't overheat with the "modified" air cowls he has fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MusicLifeMan

I'm in the EXACT same situation. I'm 18 with the same dreams. almost 9 years on, what's the update?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement