Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

france cycle trip

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Posted about my cycling trip to france a week or so ago. Back then it was Bordeax to Biarritz...slight change of plan. Let me know what ye think of the new 1!

Fly into Marseille early on 20th July, rent some bikes

Train to Cuneo on the 20th, and catch up with the tour de france (by train, not bike), and watch the proceedings up there for a few days

Cycle down to the southern coast and make way back to Marseille at leisure, stoping for sleep, beaches, wine, cheese..etc.

30th July, give bikes back, board airplane at marseille, go home and sleep for a few days.

Opinions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Sounds good! Give me a shout if you go through with that. I plan on watching (and cycling) the Cuneo -> Jausiers stage. Best to train to Nice and get the bus to Isola2000 or Bonette. The train to Cuneo is quite slow (from Nice) and I think it's better to watch the tour on the climbs rather than the start

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

Hey Diarmuid,

Have the flights and bikes booked so barring any disaters, it will go ahead!

Thanks for the sugestion, to be honest, the train up to cuneo has been the trickiest part to organize, bus to higher ground sounds like a good plan!

Advertisement