Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Did I miss something,Where are you going?

I definitely believe that Argos is coming to Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

you haven't missed anything, just heard the confirmation today that we're off to Galway in the fall, but before Argos opens. (which in fairness will probably be more like early December than October... they'll push it through in time for Christmas but that's all the faith I have!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sueme wrote: »
    Your such a cynic! I for one am choosing to believe.
    i've heard it all before!Why yous going to galway xiney?I'm starting an MA there in sept*Starts stalking plans*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I heard today its Cleveragh too.

...I've lived in Sligo 10 months and I've never been to Cleveragh!

Mr Xiney's got a job in Galway, so we're giving up the life of living on one minimum wage income (do the math people. No fun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck in Galway Xiney. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I heard today its Cleveragh too.

Makes perfect sense to put it there!

Gillie wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense to put it there!

I thought you'd be pleased! Its been gnawing away at you for months now!

I thought you'd be pleased! Its been gnawing away at you for months now!

Well it was just that...wait are you being "catty" again?:eek:

Well it was just that...wait are you being "catty" again?:eek:
    No :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Argos is going to a retail park which is a couple miles out of town........i assume thats the one on the galway road yeah?

Argos is going to a retail park which is a couple miles out of town........i assume thats the one on the galway road yeah?

You know that for sure?

It wouldn't make any sense for them to be right beside HomeBase, they are owned by the same group. If people buy something in Homebase they might decide to get something in Argos and vice-versa. If they were beside each other people might panic a little bit, not willing to go from one shop into another. The perfect solution would be to split them up, and let the customer decide where to go. It's a win-win scenario for them anyhow, they provide, you buy.

DenMan wrote: »
    It wouldn't make any sense for them to be right beside HomeBase, they are owned by the same group. If people buy something in Homebase they might decide to get something in Argos and vice-versa. If they were beside each other people might panic a little bit, not willing to go from one shop into another. The perfect solution would be to split them up, and let the customer decide where to go. It's a win-win scenario for them anyhow, they provide, you buy.

Yes but Cleveragh would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

You know that for sure?

thats what ive been told by one of the managers that were at the meeting down there yesterday anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

If by the one on the Galway Road you mean Carraroe, its not a couple of miles out! It is just outside the town boundary, but it's not miles! (I work there, so I'm sure I would have noticed ;) )

Well, it is about two miles from the town centre... and in a decidedly inconvenient position for those of us who don't drive :P

Xiney wrote: »
    Well, it is about two miles from the town centre... and in a decidedly inconvenient position for those of us who don't drive :P
    is it two miles?Took me less than twenty minutes with a gym bag on my shoulder,maybe you need to invest in longer legs! :p

Hmmm, 2km maybe. But yeah, it is awkward for those who don't drive. I used walk to work from Glenncarraig every day, but I wouldn't walk it with bags of shopping.

In fairness, I work in kilometers and I don't have a very good concept of what a mile is...

I just measured it in google maps. It's actually just under a mile from the hyde bridge. Still! It's uphill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I just measured it in google maps. It's actually just under a mile from the hyde bridge. Still! It's uphill.
    It's a fair bit more than a mile.

Shamrok wrote: »
    It's a fair bit more than a mile.

If I think of it tomorrow I'll clock it in the car (in miles) ^_^

It must be a country mile....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Would be very suprised if it was Cleveragh. Argos already turned down a chance to go into the Cleveragh retail park a few years back because they felt the units available were not big enough. Carraroe retail park is the one that Argos always wanted to get into before the chamber of commerce put the knockers on it.

And if you notice after all this time one unit in Carraroe still remains empty, coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Unless I'm mistaken that's to Summerhill College.

oh, goddamnit. you're right, hang on I'll fix it. (I thought it seemed a bit close)

should be fixed now. and yeah, it is 2 miles :) I was right the first time!!

should be fixed now. and yeah, it is 2 miles :) I was right the first time!!
    which means you are still slow.:p anyways its all academic for now until they move in for real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

I just hope this info is correct
    :confused::confused::confused:

toiletbu3.gif

Advertisement