Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I can confirm that this is true,my manager confirmed it for me and with been an employee of their sister company I have a really reliable source plus managers of Argos were in our store sorting it all out...YAY!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

fozzle wrote: »
    If by the one on the Galway Road you mean Carraroe, its not a couple of miles out! It is just outside the town boundary, but it's not miles! (I work there, so I'm sure I would have noticed ;) )

I'd say he's referring to Toberbride Business park at the N17/N4 Roundabout?!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

argos is going to be in cleveragh retail park - there is no point in discussing any other locations- the deal is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's great news isn't it. Imagine what it is going to be like there during the week leading up to Christmas, hectic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Striketeam

This store is opening in the Cleveragh RP and the date of the opening at the moment is due for Thursday October 2nd.

This is going to be opened as a Band 2 store which means it will have a Store manager, a Stock Manager and a Customer Service Supervisor as it's management team. There will then be one Stock Team Leader and a Sales team Leader too - then there will be around 15 to 20 members of staff.

Obviously Christmas temps will be taken on to see through the peak season, so there will be another 25 or so temporary jobs.

Keep an eye open for a team of people handing out catalogues in Sligo Town on the weekend of July 25-27th.

Isn't it great that you won't have to travel to Cavan, Castlebar or Letterkenny anymore ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Striketeam wrote: »
    This store is opening in the Cleveragh RP and the date of the opening at the moment is due for Thursday October 2nd.

This is going to be opened as a Band 2 store which means it will have a Store manager, a Stock Manager and a Customer Service Supervisor as it's management team. There will then be one Stock Team Leader and a Sales team Leader too - then there will be around 15 to 20 members of staff.

Obviously Christmas temps will be taken on to see through the peak season, so there will be another 25 or so temporary jobs.

Keep an eye open for a team of people handing out catalogues in Sligo Town on the weekend of July 25-27th.

Isn't it great that you won't have to travel to Cavan, Castlebar or Letterkenny anymore ;)

does anyone know if its to be a regular argos store, or an argos extra

It's an Extra stocked in store........

....most shops that are opened now are Extra

It's an Extra stocked in store........

....most shops that are opened now are Extra

Ten-four buddy. Really looking forward to them arriving, it's long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Yay! Thanks Striketeam. Have the management positions been filled yet?

I know mate - the Sligo Argos was originally due to open in July 04 but for reasons that have obviously been discussed on here time and again, it's not happened....

....looking forward to opening it :D

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    Yay! Thanks Striketeam. Have the management positions been filled yet?

As far as I'm aware Sueme they are currently looking for the management team. They always go internal first but with the opening coming closer and closer they will probably be externally recruiting at the moment.

As far as I'm aware Sueme they are currently looking for the management team. They always go internal first but with the opening coming closer and closer they will probably be externally recruiting at the moment.

Thanks Striketeam, I've emailed a link of the Argos recruitment page from the website to someone who would be very interested.

An Extra Store too! Nice one!

Wheres Magnumlady?? VAL VAL ITS TRUE!!!

:P

Methinks I need a beer to celebrate, happy days indeed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks Striketeam, I've emailed a link of the Argos recruitment page from the website to someone who would be very interested.

An Extra Store too! Nice one!

Wheres Magnumlady?? VAL VAL ITS TRUE!!!

:P

I'm here! Getting excited now!! I feel a party coming on:D

Geez - you people are easily pleased...... :D

..... good luck to whoever it's for sueme.

See you all on opening day eh

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm here! Getting excited now!! I feel a party coming on:D

Now theres an idea, we all meet up to "Oooh" and "Ahhh" over the Argos catalogue. :D

Yes my life is beyond sad. :o

The only problem is what on earth can we blame the Chamber of Commerce for now..?

Can you tell us your position Striketeam, or shall we have to resort to wandering round the new store whispering "Striketeam?" to random employees? I find its never a good look myself...

The only problem is what on earth can we blame the Chamber of Commerce for now..?

Can you tell us your position Striketeam, or shall we have to resort to wandering round the new store whispering "Striketeam?" to random employees? I find its never a good look myself...

"Position" ????

Normally sat on my buttocks in the office doing nothing as per usual :D

I'll be part of the opening team (all being well) and will be in Sligo setting it up for the 4 weeks prior to opening. Then as soon as it is up and running, I'll be gone like the wind.

Heavy Metal Bars (not one in sight)... damn you Chamber of Commerce!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great, my parents are going to be bankrupt within a week.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

And we did that in Ballybofey with muffler, so beware!!:D

Oh I wouldn't worry! We'll find something else to bitch about soon enough!:rolleyes:

Gillie wrote: »
    Oh I wouldn't worry! We'll find something else to bitch about soon enough!:rolleyes:

IKEA? Macys? No, I've got it:

walmart_logo.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

...trust me, you do not want a walmart in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I've never understood why Hooters wouldn't locate to Sligo

hooters.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

gustavo wrote: »
    I've never understood why Hooters wouldn't locate to Sligo

hooters.jpg

That could be Velvet Room on a Saturday night.

That could be Velvet Room on a Saturday night.

If they get the proper Hooters Girls in. I have been in a few, one had the hottest girls you could see all around (Tenerife) and another one in Germany (well lets just say the pay must have been bad) :D

The news is on the front page of the Weekender!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

DenMan wrote: »

+1 times a bazillion!!!!!!!

Advertisement