Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Patchy?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else's Eircom BB been patchy over the last few days?

We usually never have problem with the service, but it seems like there is a slowdown at the moment.

You know know in the bottom left corner of firefox, it will display your progress when you are loading a site (i.e. looking up -> connecting to -> waiting for -> Transferring -> Done) and usually it skips right past 'looking up' and 'connecting', but now whatever site I visit it will stall on 'looking up' for bout 5 secs before loading it.

Anyone else having similar problems or anyone know what the cause may be?

I'm in Clontarf on a 2meg line.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah it seems to be all over the place for me as well. 2Mb in Sligo. zOMG!!!!!11111!!!! Maybe it's the upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Same here on 2mb package. Pages are slow to load in general for last few days (at times) and there's been frequent disconnects too(red light on router)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Very patchy here in Galway, pings 400+ and pages keep timing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Not too fussed if it's a widespread problem then, hopefully it will be resolved in the next day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Major dns probs for me tonite, I think maybe, but them sometimes it just wont connect anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I am having problems too. Co Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

same problems here in drogheda the past few days, and same for a mate in lusk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

1 out of 10 links are timing out for me
    i'm near navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

same ****t in dublin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yep was in a friends house tonight and normally his bb is rock solid - lots of stalls and then back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

loads of sites not working for me atm and stuff timing out very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm suffering slowdown as well (cork, eircomBB 3mb). Been going up and down a bit for a few hours now. Getting the odd timeout as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

It's slow for me aswell the past few days.

same here lads, sligo.. sent them an email about it.. no reply yet! hopefully they fix it soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

ditto, Louth. At about 2230 +/- 20 mins get a red light o' doom the last week or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

lads im on the 3mb bt package, from rapidshare i ussaly get 300kb/s down but now i can only get 30kb/s its been like this for the last to weeks.is everyone getting the crap downloads ?

also whats ur ping like ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm on eircom 2Mb and I'm only getting around 80KBps off rapidshare. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

So I guess they are upgrading or doing maintenance work?

So I guess they are upgrading or doing maintance work?
    It's a possibility but I wouldn't take it as a given.

• Advertisement

anybody ring them yet? i sent them an email 4 days ago and still no reply :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

See thread here also. Still happening again now for me in Limerick. I'm leaving the Netopia router access screen open and getting this screen every few minutes:

img0044.jpg

... then its fine again for a while...

This has been going on for a few days at this stage and seems to be happening across the country according to the posts I'm reading here.

I notice that many users from other providers are starting to report similar problems too...

BTW, my eircom BB is usually very reliable - haven't seen this extended patchy service before. :confused:

(Now that I'm finished my post, its fine again of course! :) But for how long this time...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

ye i noticed this too im in athboy, meath, its down to packets being lost ie bad line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

yep, poor all week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 [DVDF]Merlin

Ditto same here as well in Tuam.2mb BB my a**se it's like dial up at the moment:mad:

Edit: it's just taken me 22 mins to download 77mb :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really bad now again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I'm on the Dunshaughlin exchange(like Gonzo) but on my line it seems normal tonight (so far).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Grumpy Orc

Yeah ive been getting a lot of problems with my line over the past few days. Im in sligo and i am on the 2mb package. The speed test on the eircom site is showing me as getting 512kbs - 800kbs.
    Lots of timeouts and red lights of doom, packet loss thats very noticeable when playing Cod4 and counter strike.
    Ive also noticed loud background static and noise on the line whilst using the phone, makes hearing people quite difficult. Possibly related?

Im not too happy. Been eyeing up the smart 4mb, its 5 euro a month cheaper for 2mb more :eek:

Although no doubt that will be using eircom lines so will still have the speed problems. :/

[EDIT] Did the eircom speed test again 244 kbps ! thats not much faster than dial up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Grumpy Orc wrote: »
    Im not too happy. Been eyeing up the smart 4mb, its 5 euro a month cheaper for 2mb more :eek:

No contest! If you can get Smart, get it.
    Grumpy Orc wrote: »
    Although no doubt that will be using eircom lines so will still have the speed problems. :/

No, this is affecting people all over the country so it's more than likely an eircom core problem. Smart use eircom owned lines as last mile, but then hand over their own network in the exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Yeah i was wondering that the deal is. Web pages taking ages to load and my brother was playing smash bros brawl online getting a lot of lag, not sure if its coz of this coz a lot of people seem to have lag with the game.

download is fine but upload is 66kbps wtf?!

291814255.png

Advertisement