Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning about wire transferring money to America

Options
  • 01-07-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I'm just after transferring money from my AIB account to a third party's Bank of America account, I was transferring USD$800 and got hit with $12 + $25 + €22.50 in fees.

The transfer needed to go through a routing bank, I was aware that some transfers would need to go through a routing bank but didn't expect that to be the case when dealing with the biggest Irish bank and one of the largest international banks.

Long story short if you are transferring <€1,000 to the states then there are cheaper ways of doing it than wire transfer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Which bank charged which fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

AIB: €22.50
    Bank of America: $12
    Unknown routing bank: $25

I expected the first two fees but not the routing bank fee. I've been talking to AIB and I've requested that they find out which routing bank was used. I should have noted that I payed for an urgent transfer also.

Advertisement