Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is there not mental health forum on this site

Options
124»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're not hiding it away but this isnt the right place or site for the problem to be tackled.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm actually quite happy you would take the time out to give us your (med mods) collective thoughts.

DeV.

Well we had been talking about thse things before this thread went changed direction. I'm speaking in summary of the discussion between the mods of the fora in question and myself. Hopefully, I have not mis-represented anyone :)

Basically we are thinking a restructuring will help. a rename of Sci to Health/Science and the separation of Bio/Med from the child fora. We'll add a forum called Health/Illness resources for general questions on diseases (ie. someone looking for information on a condition, for whatever reason), information on groups or awareness and then LTI will change scope to a "living with illness" type forum (ie. somewhere for those living with a condition to share their experiences). The LTI mods will have the call on the rename if there is a rename from LTI.

In all cases, the mods will maintain the ethos of discussion rather than any diagnostic service and there will be no entertainment of someone looking for medical advice. It is most likely going to be more work, but I think the forum has grown enough that it requires at least an attempt.

Advertisement