Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Jobs Please!!!

• 01-07-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Why cant we get these jobs??
    http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0701/coca.html

Its about time we got mayor job announcements for this city .
    Its all very well that we are getting a new road network,but its jobs we need and we need them now:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

decies wrote: »
    Why cant we get these jobs??
    http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0701/coca.html

Its about time we got mayor job announcements for this city .
    Its all very well that we are getting a new road network,but its jobs we need and we need them now:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Coca Cola in Ireland? Sounds like the sort of thing that would be closing down if it was there already. Manufacturing in Ireland is dead. I wouldn't begrudge this sort of thing for Wexford. Waterford should be aiming for the higher skilled end, with the WIT in situ, and you can't have it every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Thats desperate maybe some people on here might not be so smug with there answers to posts on here in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

decies wrote: »
    Thats desperate maybe some people on here might not be so smug with there answers to posts on here in the future.

well said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Nolanger wrote: »

wooow.. just as good i turned them down when they rang to offer me my old job back after leaving me go before.... now i have a great job, but it was a gamble at first, cos i had to take a crap job here and work my way up, honeywell were offering me twice as much money than i was getting here to come back, but i had a feeling they would be going tits up in a few years, they are renowned for leaving people go. still very sad too hear, cos i still have a lot of good mates working up here that are gonna be struggling now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

, but i had a feeling they would be going tits up in a few years, they are renowned for leaving people go. still very sad too hear, cos i still have a lot of good mates working up here that are gonna be struggling now :(

They are not actually going "tits up" as you call it, they are just trying to adapt to the current down turn in the world economy. The high euro rate against the dollar, combined with the high oil prices and the general slow down of sales of passenger cars world wide is the main reason.

Plus there is fierce competition from eastern Europe and Asia in place now which have far lower labour costs and that in turn makes them less competitive.

In my opinion Honeywell will not be the only big name multinational company announcing job cuts this year unfortunitely.

Advertisement