Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to go to the gym but....

Options
  • 02-07-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

im petrified that onlookers will think im a joke as i dont know what any of the machines are for..i know the running machine but i dont know how to operate them either. what am i going to do~?:(

anyone from cork here that goes to bishopstown leisure centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭Naos

"What am I going to do?"

You're going to have to man up. Ask one of the fitness instructors how to operate the machines. No one is going to be looking at you and if they are then ignore them, clearly they've nothing better going on in their lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ask one of the instructors to show you around and how to operate everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patrick_micheal

Hanley wrote: »
    Ask one of the instructors to show you around and how to operate everything.[/quote

That is true the btowns gym has got many instructors and will spot you and give you advise to You. In the hopes you might sine up for a three months trial. All you need to do is stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A decent gym will usually insist on showing you how the machines operate BEFORE letting you loose on them :) This is partly done to stop you claiming for any injuries and partly to ensure that you don't break their expensive gear :)

Secondly, anyone who has the time to stand around gawking at your work out is a timewaster (unless you are paying them to observe) and you shouldn't even be concerned with what they have to say/laugh at about you.

There isn't a single person using a gym that didn't once walk in and look at all the contraptions and weights and think 'OMG, what have I gotten into?' :)

If you are really freaked out by this you could get a once off personal training session (hire a PT) and get him/her to show you what's what :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

If he was going to luck up the cojones to go the gym I'd have hoped he'd have done it 5 months ago when the thread was first posted ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement