Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Tell Me About the Planning Board...

Options
  • 02-07-2008 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Is this body accountable to anyone? Is it possible to

1. Appeal to a higher office via standard channels, or
    2. Sue them?

Is there any precedent for reversing a decision through litigation?

Thanks muchly for any information passed along; there's not much of substance online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

are we talking planning permission? you can object for something like 50 euro
    and then appeal to An Bord Pleanala and appeal that to I think is the high court

I'd imagine suing them would be alot of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The system is heavily loaded against the cash-strapped general public. I think that, when it gets to An Bord Pleanala, it costs €200 to €400 (each fee depending on what kind of planning is being dealt with) to appeal against a local authority decision, or €50 for a written submission (though I don't know what affect a letter is going to have on the final outcome). An Bord Pleanala's decision is final as they are gods. Unless you're a lotto winner, that's as far as I think it goes.

Advertisement