Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave in limerick

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have ripwave in Limerick city centre? Is it any good? Is it ok for playing games or does it have high latency? Don't need very high speed if latency is good and connection is consistent.

Is the ripwave mast still on top of the clarion? I read that there was interference there. Where is it now otherwise?

I am in an apartment so no roof for LOS connection. I have no phone line and cable isn't an option which s why I'm looking at this. O2 looks good apart from the latency.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My son in law had it. Ping was from 150ms to 1820ms and speed from 80kbps to 220kbps. He was on top floor of an apartment facing roof of Clarion, less than 500m away.

Limerick has UPC cable (Chorus), IBB breeze (much better than Ripwave, also a higher speed IBB business system) and also Digiweb Metro as non-phone line alternatives. Some Limerick areas have non-eircom Smart, Magnet and BT phone line DSL.

He has the Metro Radio clamped to the balcony as it can see Woodcock hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

im thinking about this too at the moment
    Im tallaght town.
    I tried O2 mobile but i couldnt recieve a signal, so im gona try vodaphone this evening, if that fails im gona try ripwave

i just want a connection that doesnt drop every minute, latency is not a issue for me atm.

Advertisement