Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car was vandalized... reporting the claim?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,
    one of my car doors was smashed overnight, I called my insurance company (Quinn) to report the incident and they said they'll only pay the fix if the cost of the repair doesn't exceed 500€ or so, as my car's value is rather low...

A couple of questions:

-- where I can find a cheap garage in Dublin? (today I got a quote for 1.300€ in Sundrive Road, as they wouldn't repair the door but change it)
    I only need a decent job, the exterior is old anyway.

-- will I have any additional sum to pay in my next year's policy if I go on with the claim, or won't I be able to call further claims for a while, etc.? I have a comprehensive contract and a class protection option enabled

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could try to find a secondhand door in a scrapyard. You might even be lucky enough to find one in the same colour if you try hard enough!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

esel wrote: »
    You could try to find a secondhand door in a scrapyard. You might even be lucky enough to find one in the same colour if you try hard enough!

thanks for replying,

that will become an option in case my company doesn't pay, so far I need to get a cheap quote... anyone?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

If your near Sundrive, there is a garage up the road in ravensdale park behind the Black Horse pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

robnet77 wrote: »
    Hi,
    one of my car doors was smashed overnight, I called my insurance company (Quinn) to report the incident and they said they'll only pay the fix if the cost of the repair doesn't exceed 500€ or so, as my car's value is rather low...

A couple of questions:

-- where I can find a cheap garage in Dublin? (today I got a quote for 1.300€ in Sundrive Road, as they wouldn't repair the door but change it)
    I only need a decent job, the exterior is old anyway.

-- will I have any additional sum to pay in my next year's policy if I go on with the claim, or won't I be able to call further claims for a while, etc.? I have a comprehensive contract and a class protection option enabled

Thanks!

I wouldn't claim on my insurance for something like that, you No Claims protection will keep your NCB with Quinn, but will not with other insurance companies.

I wouldnt even claim for 1400 euro myself, only if it was over 5k mark would i go near the insurance company.

Windscreen i'd claim straight away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

robnet77 wrote: »
    thanks for replying,

that will become an option in case my company doesn't pay, so far I need to get a cheap quote... anyone?

If you have any sense it will be your first option.

Claiming on your insurance for something minor like this is simply stupid. You will loose your NCB over something you could have fixed for €200 or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

tomred1 wrote: »
    If your near Sundrive, there is a garage up the road in ravensdale park behind the Black Horse pub.

thanks, is it cheap? I have no problem with driving a few miles more to have the issue fixed properly...

John R wrote: »
    If you have any sense it will be your first option.

Claiming on your insurance for something minor like this is simply stupid. You will loose your NCB over something you could have fixed for €200 or less.

this is what I previously asked... if I claim the report is like causing an accident myself? will I lose the NCB for how long, till the end of the year maybe? thanks!

Advertisement