Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1970's teddy bears- much loved

Options
  • 02-07-2008 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I will try and attach a photo of my much loved teddy bears Rory (with green ears) and Stephen (with orange ears). They would have been purchased in Cork (probably Woolworths) in late 1977/1978. One of my good friends has a bear called Tedser who looks like a tanned version of Rory.
    I'd love to know more about them, like where they were made, how much they cost, and whether any of you have any identical twins or close relatives of these little fellas? They have no tags, nor have they ever unless I ate them off when I was very small. They do have little outfits (Rory wears an Irish Rugby type kit while Stephen is usually dressed in a blue and white surgeons outfit or sometimes as a SCUBA diver) (made in later years) but I've removed them for this shot as this is their original birthday outfits.
    So does anyone have any info? Or even other loved bears?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

just thought i'd try and see again whether anyone could answer my question. I have reoccuring dreams of finding an identical copy of Rory.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 48 daisydotty

hey
    i have a teddy just like rory only he's dark brown where rory is green.i was born in 81 but i dont know what age i got him at!!and i'm in cork.he's up the attic in my parents house so i'll have a root around and take a pic for you!!

That would be great daisy. whenever you get a chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sputnik101

I have a brown almost velvet type bear in the attic with a squeek in his belly. He is years old

Rory is here next to me now, and he agrees that the attic is no place for old bears. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 daisydotty

hey!
    will def try and get him down this weekend.my bear was called chubbles!!:p

Advertisement