Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting, never really been any wear but armagh.

Options
  • 02-07-2008 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im going to be in dublin, in temple bar district (( don't know what that is)), and I'm finally of age to go drinking (( at least over there but not where I live lol)) the problem is that my friend is still going to be 17.. I was wondering if there are any clubs we could go to ??.. or stuff to do.. tkz 4 the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Hi Americanbaby,

To be honest, most pubs/clubs in Dublin are fairly strict about letting people in. They can be inconsistent when asking for ID but if they do ask you for ID and find out you're underage, they're not going to let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Under 18? No problem, just go to a pub called Fibbers on Parnell street!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Unless it has drastically changed in the last year, Fibbers has some of the strictest bouncers I've ever seen!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

theozster wrote: »
    Under 18? No problem, just go to a pub called Fibbers on Parnell street!:pac:

Right.... 3 very strict bouncers on the door most nights. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Americanbaby

what if i come in with my mum? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Get into a bar/nightclub venue early before the bouncers come on duty on the door. It's not illegal to be in a bar during the day if you are under 18. Once you are in a venue with pub and nightclub stay there for night and they won't ask you for ID once you are sitting in the bar all day and the bar starts getting busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

what if i come in with my mum? lol

If you're 18 and have ID to prove it then you should have no problems getting into most places. Although some bars have their own restrictions, usually 21 or 25. As for your friend being under age, I highly doubt he/she will get in anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

If you're staying in a hotel get some booze in an off license, skull it and then wander around town in a drunken haze, stopping now and then to puke violently. You'll fit right in in Temple bar.

Advertisement