Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent(ish) - Anyone know where I could read Deasy's Act 1860 online?

• 02-07-2008 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi, kind of urgent, is there any site online where I could read Deasy's Act? Specifically Section 40? I can't find it anywhere!!

Would it be on any subscribing law sites (don't want to mention names in case I break the charter or anything)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the sooner the better!

Thanks, dee8839 :confused::(

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I remember trying to do the same not too long ago but I couldn't find it online anywhere. In the end I got it from a book - I think it was this one

Short of buying the book, I think a university library is probably your best bet. I'm sure the Law Library would have it if you know a barrister, else you could try calling the Law Society and see if they can help you out, I'm sure their library would also have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Thanks for that, yeah that book is the only thing I'm finding when I search using Google or similar. Its just that I need to know what S 40 is about. I needed a copy of the section (now not possible since don't have time to get that book) and an explanation of its contents.

Is there somewhere online that you know of that would explain the act (s 40 specifically) in plain english, even if it doesn't actually show the section itself, or is that impossible as if the legislation itself isn't online, a handy explanatory memorandum or similar is hardly gonna be?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

"S.40 of Deasys Act, 1860 permits a tenant to surrender his tenancy on the destruction or rendering uninhabitable of the premises by fire or other inevitable accident. The fire or other accident must not have been due to the default of the tenant and there must be no express covenant by the tenant to repair in the lease. In modern commercial leases this right to surrender is usually expressly excluded by the terms of the lease."

Source: Law Society - L&T Law book.

Advertisement