Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Little Island cork - 2 questions

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

In around the Ida estate where the center is there is a speed limit of ten kilometers p/h is this enforced , it seems a bit extreme, and secondly when driving into the test center the only apparent entrace has a no entry sign marked on the road - any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I certainly broke this 10kmph limit when doing my test. My instructor told me to keep it around 30kmph max and you should be ok.

I parked out on the road outside the test centre...much easier than getting in and out of it and therefore less chances of making a mistake at start or end of test.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

The 10 kph speed limit is totally unrealistic in my opinion and from experience nobody strictly keeps to it. However you certainly need to be aware of it and I would recommend keeping the speed to maximum 20-30 kph while you are in the industrial estate. You should also be aware that the speed limit in the Eastgate business park is 30 kph for the most part (some parts are 15 kph) so you should keep to this if you are driving through there.

As an aside the 10 kph is not a legal speed limit in Ireland (in so much as it is not in the Statute books) and is therefore not enforceable by the Gardai. A 30 kph is in the Statute books.

As for the 'No-Entry' markings on the road going into the test center car park - this really is only something that could happen in Ireland :) These markings were put there when the building was only being used as the NCT center and you had to drive in one side, through the building and then out the other side. However you are correct in that there is no other entrance to the carpark now so you have drive through this - or park on the road or in the 2 designated spaces in front of the building.

Regards,
    Declan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If the road in question is not a "public road", any signage on it has no legal basis but you would still be expected to drive with due care and attention.

(A Public Road being defined as a road which is maintained by a Local or National authority.)

Advertisement