Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good vet in Navan

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have been going to a vet in Navan for years, never really had an issues with my dog, only to get her annual vac's.

But she has been limping for the last few days and when we brought her to the vet last night, he seemed not to have a clue, gave her some medication and come back in a week, if she isn't any better.

Could anybody recommend a good vet in the Navan area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Noel Foley in Smith and Foley - you'll probably need to make a daytime appointment to see him though.

In all fairness - most cases of lameness and limping are caused by strains etc. They don't tend to go down the route of xrays etc without justification (sedation is needed and no vet will routinely sedate an animal if they can get away with it) and, often, a dose of NSAID's will deal with minor problems.

I have a collie with an autoimmune arthritis and a Dane who suffers from joint woes as a result of clumsiness so I've spent a lot of time talking to Noel about dogs, limping and drugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, Smyth and Foley - we used to go there until we moved.

Advertisement